ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Dennis Pitta is physically well, but still learning

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/09/dennis-pitta-is-physically-well-but-still-learning/

Veteran wideout Steve Smith and tight endOwen Daniels aren’t the only new faces which should help the Ravens passing game this coming season.

Tight end Dennis Pitta is working his way back after what amounts to a lost 2013 season, and said he’s “reinventing” himself while coming back from the hip injury that cost him most of the year.

“I feel good. I feel really healthy. I feel 100 percent,” Pitta said, via the team’s official website. “But there are still things that I work through. I would say I’m on my way to getting all the way back.”

Getting him back will go a long way toward getting the Ravens’ offense back in gear, as the style being installed by new offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak will create more opportunities for Pitta (who was plenty productive in 2012).

“It’s a fun system to play in and I’m excited to learn and grow,” Pitta said. “The system is set up for receivers to have big years and for tight ends to catch a lot of footballs. Owen [Daniels] has proven that over the years. Hopefully I can find a similar role.”

With Daniels alongside to help teach him, the possibility for Pitta to open the middle of the field is an appealing one. Especially with Smith working intermediate routes and Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones deep, the new acquisitions should give the Ravens plenty of options.

Who's going to carry Flacco then?

“It’s a fun system to play in and I’m excited to learn and grow,” Pitta said. “The system is set up for receivers to have big years and for tight ends to catch a lot of footballs. Owen [Daniels] has proven that over the years. Hopefully I can find a similar role.”

With Daniels alongside to help teach him, the possibility for Pitta to open the middle of the field is an appealing one. Especially with Smith working intermediate routes and Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones deep, the new acquisitions should give the Ravens plenty of options.