ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Announcers Favoritism

dapetes

Correct if I'm wrong. Doesn't Baseball teams have their own announcers calling and commenting on their games. Is the NFL controlling this also and if so why? The network/NFL announcers cannot and will not remain impartial. I turned off the volume shortly after the first half and enjoyed myself better. It's time to have Raven announcers doing the games.

Baseball does have hometown announcers, but only because of the number of games... the league is unable to broadcast them all, so teams take the cost (and eventually revenue) of broadcasting.

In baseball, when a game is national, it gets the national announcers.

In football, all games are broadcast nationally (in a sense) by the league, so all games get league announcers. It really just comes down to CBS/FOX

I haven't listened to the national announcers for years. Besides their perceived bias, they always seem to me to be poorly informed...why should I listen to them when it seems like I know the team better than they do?

I usually listen to our radio announcers, the bad part is that the radio is ahead of the action on the tv (so the folks listening at the game can hear the action called real time) sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. Also, I have noticed the broadcast is ahead of the cable feeds.

The good part is Rob Burnett and Stan White know the Ravens well and their insight is great. I also like the sound bite White gets from Harbaugh before Harbaugh goes to the lockeroom at the end of the 1st half. Plus, they are clearly rooting for the Ravens and make no attempt to hide it.

should we feel weird for having Dan Dierdorf call our team out when they're clearly playing badly?

Most of the time when I hear people complain about the announcers I tend to agree with you, that they are pointing out faults with the team that fans probably dont want to hear. However this time, and the Vikings game, I felt Dierdorf clearly favored the other teams in particular the QB.

"What a joy it is to watch Favre do what he loves" *barf* If he loved it so much why retire every year.

This game the Ravens made plenty of mistakes but Dierdorf who at times talks about the good old days of the NFL ignored the questionable penalty on Ray Lewis and instead decided to state how big of a mistake it was. Then he ignored Manning's flops which a QB would have been lambasted doing when Dierdorf played. Plus he also completely ignored what should have been an obvious pass interference call on a pass to Ray Rice.

I actually like Dierdorf, I think he is smart and informative but it seems to me at time he lusts after the perceived marquee teams and players.