ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Combine: Player Measurables

SpearSrai

Right, Towson Catholic, that is what I meant to say. The blogs said Williams came in looking like he was in great shape. If you look at the YouTube dunk contest video, you can see that Williams is a very thick guy. It would not surprise me if his lack of strength was because he was cutting weight a little bit to pick up some speed. Even if that is true, the fact that he was close to a 4.62 is alarming. Combine that with his terrible interviews and he seems like a guy that is just waiting to blow up. Maybe if he is there in the third or fourth round I would take a flyer, but not any higher.

Agreed! At this point he has a ton of mental baggage and did not physically show like everyone thought he would! The same could be said for Dezmon Briscoe from Kansas. These are 2 WR who definitely hurt their stock over the weekend but could end up being steals in the 3rd-4th round...remind anyone of a Brandon Marshal situation? Talented college WR with lots of baggage...prima donna's...slipping into the mid rounds?

At this point, if we go WR in first round the only plausible options are Benn, Tate, and Thomas. Personally, I don't think any of them will be BPA according to Ravens draft board though!

I feel the Ravens will have players like TE Gresham, DE Graham, DE Dunlap, CB Wilson, CB McCourty, CB Robinson and DT Williams (among others) rated higher that have a great chance of still being available. They would be better served by staying true to their board, as always or trading back in the first or early 2nd and pick up more picks and then take one of the aforementioned WR.

If they go with BPA (other than WR in the 1st) look for these WR in the 2nd round:

Taylor Price, Ohio

Damian Williams, USC

Brandon LaFell, LSU

3rd round:

Mardy Gilyard, Cincinatti

Jordan Shipley, Texas

Riley Cooper, Florida

David Reed, Utah

Carlton Mitchell, USF

Marcus Easley, Connecticut

Andre Roberts, Citadel

and of course you an start looking at Mike Williams and Dezmon Briscoe in 3rd round...

Well, we may have just made our draft pick, barring tomorrow's 40-times...

Bench press results:

Joe Haden - 18 reps

Devin McCourty - 16 reps

Taylor Mays - 24 Reps

Earl Thomas - 21 reps

Eric Berry - 19 Reps

Kyle Wilson - 25 Reps. If he runs a 4.4, he's ours.

Here's a cool vido that may mean that Taylor mays ran in the 4.2's after all. At first I was skeptical, but after you watch it, it's hard to argue that the guy definitely came in under 4.4.

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2010/03/a-flawed-40-time-for-mays.html

The thing people don't understand, though, is that it's not an actual 40 yard dash; meaning, you can't technically line up videos like that and expect such a result. The time begins when the runner makes his first movement forward, not when a gun sounds or a light flashes or anything else. That's where these "official" times are coming from. Not from thin air.

The thing people don't understand, though, is that it's not an actual 40 yard dash; meaning, you can't technically line up videos like that and expect such a result. The time begins when the runner makes his first movement forward, not when a gun sounds or a light flashes or anything else. That's where these "official" times are coming from. Not from thin air.

Okay, but why can't you line them up based on when the player made his first movement? Surely you could tell that, with all of the cameras they use nowadays.

Okay, but why can't you line them up based on when the player made his first movement? Surely you could tell that, with all of the cameras they use nowadays.

That would be umpteen times more complicated. But that's not really the point. I'm saying that that video didn't do that; they used the same shot for the same length of time.

That would be umpteen times more complicated. But that's not really the point. I'm saying that that video didn't do that; they used the same shot for the same length of time.

How can you tell how they set up the video?

Plus I believe the electronic timings are based on 6 stop watches that are started by people judging when first movement was made. That watches stop automatically though based upon the laser thingy at the end of the run. They average the 6 watches to come up with the "official" time. If anything I would say that the video feed we are seeing is even more accurate than the "official" times.