ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Somebody Will Tender Gaither

vmax

Also......if we draft high in the first round...we'll be paying LT money for a guy that is.......unproven!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I want to pay now, win now. We're ready, now's the time.

Make pay cuts elsewhere, not at the OT position.

LB, Safety, and Guards are where you sign people to smaller contracts.

Obviously there are exceptions as we have two on this team.

Also......if we draft high in the first round...we'll be paying LT money for a guy that is.......unproven!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I want to pay now, win now. We're ready, now's the time.

Make pay cuts elsewhere, not at the OT position.

LB, Safety, and Guards are where you sign people to smaller contracts.

Obviously there are exceptions as we have two on this team.

That is the best argument I've heard for keeping Gaither as opposed to swapping him for a first round tackle. We'd actually have to pay that 1st rounder almost as good of money as what Gaither would command, so is it really worth it?

Good points guys, you swayed me. Lets keep Gaither and hope that he gets the long-term deal.

To be fair, I went back and reviewed our posts and I did miss a point that you were tring to make. I do agree that if ultimately the Ravens deceide that Gaither is not in our long-term plans, I'd like to get a first round pick. However I would rather the team make him a part of our long term plans.

Just wanted to give credit where it was due.

Good points guys, you swayed me. Lets keep Gaither and hope that he gets the long-term deal.

No one's swaying me, because my argument has nothing to do with the 'best football move'. I'd trade everybody on the team if it would get us 10 picks in the first round. I get more excited leading up to the draft than even during the playoffs, because you can't lose the draft. (I know, I know... Oakland attempts to prove this theory wrong every year.)

But if you want a legitimate argument, and especially Gaither is going to cost us big money during future salary-cap years due to the fact that he has played left tackle in the past, and you believe that Oher will make a better left tackle, then you let Gaither go if there is a first rounder dangled in front of you, and you make right tackle your #1 priority. This does not mean that you have to take the right tackle in the first round. You can still use both picks on BPA's. But you must come out of the draft and/or free agency with a legitimate, mauling, right tackle, and it cannot be a 5th-round-developmental player.

Our two first rounders could be a starting DE, WR or CB, provided there isn't a BPA tackle available. If you resign Mason or Dwan Edwards, then it will also give you added flexibility.