ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Annual Raid of Ravens FO Begins

vmax

Here we go again....

The New York Jets have put in a formal request to interview highly regarded Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta for their general manager vacancy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation..

It's unclear, though, if DeCosta will interview because of his contractual status as the Ravens' general manager in waiting behind general manager Ozzie Newsome, according to sources.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-jets-request-permission-to-interview-eric-decosta-sources-say-20141230-story.html

Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak is among the head coaching candidates the New York Jets have requested to interview, according to a source with knowledge of the Jets' plans.. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-offensive-coordinator-gary-kubiak-on-jets-list-of-candidates-to-interview-source-says-20141230-story.html

Ravens pro personnel director Vince Newsome is among the candidates the Chicago Bears want to interview for their general manager vacancy, according to former NFL executive John Wooten..

Former New York Giants and Cleveland Browns general manager Ernie Accorsi is directing the Bears' search for a new head coach and personnel boss and Newsome has been highly recommended to him by Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, according to Wooten.

"We were down, 10-3, and we [saw] they were up then [K.C.] went up again," said Terrell Suggs about paying attention to the Chiefs-Chargers game. "They were up, 19-7. I was like hell no, let's go." (Kevin Richardson/Baltimore Sun video)

Newsome, no relation to Ozzie Newsome, is a well-respected longtime Ravens executive and a former Browns and Los Angeles Rams starting safety. Newsome has been director of pro personnel for five years. He originally joined the franchise's personnel department in 1993 after playing safety in the NFL for 11 years and recording 763 career tackles and 17 interceptions.

"We had a real good talk with Ernie, who knows Vince from his playing days with the Browns," said Wooten, chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance. "Vince is an excellent evaluator, a great talent evaluator. He knows how to negotiate trades, work the draft board. I think he brings a real quiet humble attitude to the job.

Edited by vmax

i don't know...Kubiak did not say that he didn't want to be a HC ....it's still ambiguous....

"I don't think about those things, I told you guys that," Kubiak said. "I've been through it. I had my turn, and I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. I've told you guys that over and over again. I don't think about what's next. I'm enjoying what's right now, and that's this organization, this football team and these players.

"I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. I just want to stay focused on that. That's been my message to John and my message to myself."

And Wooton is pushing real hard....

Wooten, the director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, expressed confidence in how a potential Newsome-Kubiak tandem could work out in Chicago.

"I think it would be outstanding the way those two guys would work together to build a winning football team," Wooten said in a telephone interview with The Baltimore Sun. "I could see Vince and Gary putting something together that would be really special. You're not going to find two better people than those two, that's for sure."http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-gary-kubiak-not-interested-in-headcoaching-vacancies-20141231-story.html

No way Kubs takes the Jets job, he won't go anywhere without a qb in place. San Fran really wants Mike Shannahan, so maybe Oakland will be a spot for Kubs but I doubt it.

I don't think any Ravens major coaches or front office leave. I do think this is the year Ozzie stes away and Eric takes over.