ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LOL - Rex tried to trade with Ravens for Tyrod Taylor

TBird

When he coached Jets. Rex said if he's not the fastest QB in the league he's up there with them.

He couldn't swing a deal but got Tyrod in Buffalo.

Thing is, Rex liked the mobility of Sanchez and Gino Smith but neither could run and hit the

side of a barn.

Don't expect Rex to stay long in Buff.

I still don't get how Billick couldn't get an interview early on but Rex and Jack Del Rio who

served under him for SB 35 team get jobs after getting fired.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2015/7/2/8886155/rex-ryan-tried-to-trade-for-ravens-backup-qb-tyrod-taylor

Did Billick want another HC job? I thought he had a home on the eastern shore and didn't want the headaches. It be interesting what was offered for TT. I don't even think he's worth a 7th. Who knows I'm happy for him getting a chance to compete...if he had the job here I'd mean Joe was injured and we'd be filling out our draft brackets.

He sure did want a new job. He said on TV not that long ago that he's damaged goods.

He was intereviewed for the Eagles job before Chip Myers was brought in and signed in 2013 so

Billick was interested at least then.

He's content now where he is on TV but back then he wanted another job. Gruden didn't get another job

either after being fired from Tampa but he was very upset when their owner, Malcom Glazer died and

said he was his friend.

One mans garbage is another mans treasure, i think thats how it goes. Although TT is gone now, i thought that while he was here we should have used him more, Not as a starter , not even for a quarter, but a series here, a couple of plays there. He has arm talent and he's almost Mike Vick fast, if a player has made the team you use him for the talents that he has even if he is a decoy.

Why so hard on Tyrod Taylor? He was a backup QB who consistently beat back his competition for backup QB during his tenure here. What's the big whoop? When you get a load of this current edition of Matt Shaub, you'll wish you had Tyrod Taylor back. And if you think Brian Billick will ever coach in the NFL again, you're deluding yourself. T'aint happenin'.

Yea, he beat back his competition like Wenning who is

no longer #3 QB on the team. Teams didn't exactly

beat down Tyrod's door as a FA.

Rex sure did but he beat down Dirty Sanchez and

Gino's doors too whiich got him fired.

Hell, he even beat down Tebow's door, the clown let go by Denver,

who promptly made a circus in NY. NO wonder they fired

him and Rex lasted as long as he did because the owner was

loved him like a son and kept Rex when he fired the former GM.

Yea, he beat back his competition like Wenning who is

no longer #3 QB on the team. Teams didn't exactly

beat down Tyrod's door as a FA.

Rex sure did but he beat down Dirty Sanchez and

Gino's doors too whiich got him fired.

Hell, he even beat down Tebow's door, the clown let go by Denver,

who promptly made a circus in NY. NO wonder they fired

him and Rex lasted as long as he did because the owner was

loved him like a son and kept Rex when he fired the former GM.

So you admit Taylor beat out the competition to be the Ravens #2 QB? Then what's your beef? And as for Rex, it should be pointed out to you that Rex was the Jet's HC and not the GM. Acquiring talent was not his job. Rex is in Buffalo now with better management and better talent. Under Rex's guidance, look forward to Buffalo making some noise in 2015 and beyond.

No beef at all. I liked him as #2 and still wish he were here as that but he's

never gonna be a starter of quality.

Everyone said, except maybe you, that if Joe goes down for a long time the season

is over and that was with Tyrod as #2.

Rex has better management in Buffalo? LOL

First of all the head coach tells the GM what the team needs are and on draft day

they might even ask for someone like Kubes who said he needed blocking after Oz

drafted 3 straight D guys and Oz gave him Gilmore who iced the wild card game in

Pissburgh with a TD. Some coaches have been known to storm out of the war room

when they don't get the player they want.

Buff is well Buff never winning the SB, ever. They went a few times back in the 70s

but never won and haven't been back since. Buff made the worse cursed cities in the country

with pro sports teams along with

DC with the Skins in disarray for the last 20 yrs and Minn whose Vikings never win

and even Cinci whose Bungals make the playoffs but are one and done every year

and Cleveland with the drive, fumble and then losing the Browns and then Bellicheat and they

both win nothing but Super Bowls after moving.

Buff just fired their coach who didn't last long. Buff is a grave yard for coaches. Look

it up. I always said that HARBs would have been out of football a long time ago if he

were in Buff w/o Ozzie feeding him all that talent.

Rex got into the AFC Championship game twice his first two years in NY before it all

blew apart with the lousy QBs that he picked.

He's the one who wanted Gino

and Sanchez. He even has Sanchez pic tattooed on

his arm.

No beef at all. I liked him as #2 and still wish he were here as that but he's

never gonna be a starter of quality.

Everyone said, except maybe you, that if Joe goes down for a long time the season

is over and that was with Tyrod as #2.

Rex has better management in Buffalo? LOL

First of all the head coach tells the GM what the team needs are and on draft day

they might even ask for someone like Kubes who said he needed blocking after Oz

drafted 3 straight D guys and Oz gave him Gilmore who iced the wild card game in

Pissburgh with a TD. Some coaches have been known to storm out of the war room

when they don't get the player they want.

Buff is well Buff never winning the SB, ever. They went a few times back in the 70s

but never won and haven't been back since. Buff made the worse cursed cities in the country

with pro sports teams along with

DC with the Skins in disarray for the last 20 yrs and Minn whose Vikings never win

and even Cinci whose Bungals make the playoffs but are one and done every year

and Cleveland with the drive, fumble and then losing the Browns and then Bellicheat and they

both win nothing but Super Bowls after moving.

Buff just fired their coach who didn't last long. Buff is a grave yard for coaches. Look

it up. I always said that HARBs would have been out of football a long time ago if he

were in Buff w/o Ozzie feeding him all that talent.

Rex got into the AFC Championship game twice his first two years in NY before it all

blew apart with the lousy QBs that he picked.

He's the one who wanted Gino

and Sanchez. He even has Sanchez pic tattooed on

his arm.

You need to do better research. Rex called the shots to Jets management.... you need to do better research. Jets management better than Buffalo's ......you need to do better research. With the Jets, Rex spent his time making lemonade out of lemons. With the Bills he has the talent to do some real damage in the league. 2015 will bear this out.

You need to re-read my post.

I didn't say Rex called the shots but let his feelings be known on players as all coaches do during the draft and

Rex wanted Dirty Sanchez, Gino and Tebow and I used

Kubes as an example here and he was the o-coord, not head coach but got his man. Head coaches

have walked out of the war room in disgust when their didnt get their player. BTW, it wasn't Rex who was fired

when their last GM was. The owner still loved Rex like a son but blamed the GM for poor decisions on draft day.

Well he didn't have any gems when he signed a fossil of Ed Reed who was beaten by a 60 yard bomb from

Flacco and Bart Scott who excelled here went down hill and quit in NY.

LOL - THIS FROM NFL.COM

Since Ryan can't possibly be referring to Smith's year-plus NFL track record in calling him a great pick, he can only be referring to what he expects from Smith in the future.

If Ryan can picture greatness down the road for Smith, he might be the only one.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

As for all that lemonade Rex made out of lemons he turned Bart Scott into a lemon when he got there.

AFter getting 9.5 sacks his last year in Baltiore, Scott got 1, 1.5, 1, 1 for the next 4 yrs in NY then

4.5 sacks and 2.5 his last two years.

He had 14 sacks his last two years here.

Scott got a total of 7 in 6 yrs in NY.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2229/bart-scott

This link says they hired Rex for his personality,They are closer to the playoffs than in the past decade and

wanted someone who has been there. He was for 2 years in NY and then went down hill after that with a couple

of GMs and now Rex getting fired but they're excited in Buff.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

Damn - If the Sullivans got $1.1B for the Bills who never won a SB with that lousy stadium and finished at the bottom so many decades, the Ravens would sell for at least $2B as one of the most valued franchises in sports

and a dominant NFL team for over a decade with a pair of SB trophies. Buff was bound to get $1B

because NFL teams seldom go on sale.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/09/news/companies/buffalo-bills-sale/

I didn't say Rex called the shots but let his feelings be known on players as all coaches do during the draft and

Kubes as an example here and he was the o-coord, not head coach but got his man. Head coaches

have walked out of the war room in disgust when their didnt get their player. BTW, it wasn't Rex who was fired

when their last GM was. The owner still loved Rex like a son but blamed the GM for poor decisions on draft day.

Well he didn't have any gems when he signed a fossil of Ed Reed who was beaten by a 60 yard bomb from

Rex wanted Sanchez, Gino, and Tebow? Rex signed Ed Reed? Where're your links for this? Again, Rex never signed or drafted anyone, he was the HC and not the GM.

This link says they hired Rex for his personality,They are closer to the playoffs than in the past decade and

wanted someone who has been there. He was for 2 years in NY and then went down hill after that with a couple

of GMs and now Rex getting fired but they're excited in Buff.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

The link says they hired Rex for his winning philosophy. Re-read your links before you post.

As for all that lemonade Rex made out of lemons he turned Bart Scott into a lemon when he got there.

AFter getting 9.5 sacks his last year in Baltiore, Scott got 1, 1.5, 1, 1 for the next 4 yrs in NY then

4.5 sacks and 2.5 his last two years.

He had 14 sacks his last two years here.

Scott got a total of 7 in 6 yrs in NY.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2229/bart-scott

So, you're saying that the Jets defense was on par with the Ravens and Bart Scott's numbers should have transferred over? Explain.

LOL - THIS FROM NFL.COM

Since Ryan can't possibly be referring to Smith's year-plus NFL track record in calling him a great pick, he can only be referring to what he expects from Smith in the future.

If Ryan can picture greatness down the road for Smith, he might be the only one.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Again, what did you expect from Rex? Did you really think the HC would call his starting QB a bad pick?

Rex may have expressed his positional needs to his bosses but he certainly did not make the picks or sign the picks. Again, he was HC and not the GM.

So the GM gets fired by giving in to Rex wanting Dirty Sanchez. I posted links where Rex was

excited about all of them - even Tebow. The only reason Rex wasn't fired is because the owner

loved him like a son and that's what Jets fans tell me.

They were also blown away with his personality, what a nice guy he was and down to earth he was and what he wanted to do with his life. They wanted a second interview immediately.

They also liked his approach to winning a championship? He never won any. LOL

This is why Buff has always been Buff for so long. Rex didn't even have a winning percent.

He was -4 under.500 average.

Games over .500: -4
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 0
Division Championships: 0