ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

"Just let him win the game,"

vmax

The Games Ultimate Closer. :gorave:

721b96ae4290a42c830f6a706700d023.jpg

"Just let him win the game," Flacco told Harbaugh.

Justin Tucker did more than win the game Thursday night, when his 52-yard field goal lifted the Ravens to a 23-20 overtime win and allowed them to avoid an 0-4 start. He saved the Ravens' season and earned the title of the game's ultimate closer.

Consider this: Tucker is 12-of-12 on field goal attempts to either tie or put his team ahead in the fourth quarter or overtime, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Of his eight game winners, five have come from 44 yards or longer and the one Thursday night happened in one of the trickiest stadiums for kickers.

It comes down to having swagger. Tucker loves performing on the big stage, whether it's getting up stage at a concert or parodying Matthew McConaughey in a car commercial. It was only two years ago when Tucker hit a 61-yarder with 38 seconds left on Monday Night Football.

That's why on Thursday the Ravens were so confident Tucker was going to nail the longest field goal by an opponent at Heinz Field before a hostile crowd and a national television audience. Long snapper Morgan Cox was so sure that he started running down the field as soon as he hiked the ball so he could retrieve the memento for Tucker.

20151001__122652~p1_500.jpg

"On the last one, more than anything I was thinking, 'let's just rip it and get the hell out of here,'" Tucker said.

He has to be a fantastic kicker to have me forgetting about Stover....and I thought he was great...I mean who didn't love Matt.

In Tucker the Ravens also get character, swagger and....comedic relief.

He's great on the field and great in the locker room.

That is one hard stadium to kick in but Justin's figured it out.

There's a lot more that goes into kicking than a strong leg. There's the precision and teamwork on the snap and hold, studying and knowing how to kick in all kinds of weather and stadiums. Then there is simply the cerebral element....and nerves of steel and no fear.

Justin's has all of that.

74c07df14289a42c830f6a706700db32.jpg

He's worth it. He's been doing this since his rookie year, has a better temperament for the job, and look at how many games he's won for us.

In fact, I don't think he's ever lost a game for us in the last minute or so. Or ever.

Tucker Time is always a great time. He seldom misses.

Sam Koch, his holder who also has been with the Ravens longer than any player now

with 10 years, said on radio they were going to kick anything within 60 yards. Tuck knew

he'd made it.

The ball faded a little to the inside of the goal post which was exactly planned according to

the wind. A lot of technique and wind conditions is factored into to each Tucker kick

the same as Stover who studied weather reports every day of the city where they

were going to play.

Sam is a pretty good kicker himself who during the game last night punted from his own

goal line and pinned Piss on their own 30 with a booming kick.