ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Proper American Flag disposal

cravnravn

Alright Billy, whats the proper way to dispose of the American Flag, mine is 30 years old, and I went to put her out and shes torn..

I googled proper disposal, but am not satisified.

I also pulled up a forum stating that I should burn the flag and bury the ashes?? I though we NEVER EVER burn the flag?

You can find instructions on the american legion and boy scout websites... but those are all just recommendations. I remember having this debate with my boy scout friends. lol

How do you dispose of a flag t-shirt? flag cartoon? flag picture in a newspaper?

How do you dispose of a flag t-shirt? flag cartoon? flag picture in a newspaper?

Those are not true and exact depictions of the flag (caricatures, really), so it doesn't matter.

Crav, it is supposed to be burned. But you can take it to an American Legion to do that. Not all of them do, though.

Those are not true and exact depictions of the flag (caricatures, really), so it doesn't matter.

Some are. Or rather, why not?

And meanwhile... why is it ok to make a shirt out of a flag in the first place?

Just silly rules again, all made up. Including the old folding method which was not invented by America or anyone in America... despite how important the '13 folds' may seem out of coincidence

Alright Billy, whats the proper way to dispose of the American Flag, mine is 30 years old, and I went to put her out and shes torn..

I googled proper disposal, but am not satisified.

I also pulled up a forum stating that I should burn the flag and bury the ashes?? I though we NEVER EVER burn the flag?

83 here gives the best answer below.

I'm pretty sure the Marine Detachment on Fort Avenue in Baltimore will take it

I think my grandmother gave a few to them.

Other military branches I believe will do the same.