ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens leary of Noah Spence's rise up boards

TBird

Many mocks have Spence rising up the board to Ravens at # 6. Not so fast says one of their

scouts. You have to be leery of these fast risers. Just because the media likes it doesn't means

it's so. Ravens are cautious about fast risers.

You have to produce at the combine and Spence didn't with a poor 40 time and other areas.

"If you want to be a top-10 pick, Noah, [you have to show] what kind of explosion you have," NFL Media’s Mike Mayock said.

Now it wouldn’t be surprising if Noah’s stock dips a bit post-combine. So where does he really belong in mock drafts and on draft boards? Likely somewhere in the middle, based on his tape.

Hortiz said the players to be especially dubious of are ones that come out of nowhere at the combine.

“The fast risers you worry about are the guys that maybe weren’t that good of a player or aren’t as good of a player as you think and then he goes to the combine and lights it up,” Hortiz said.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Cautious-Of-Combines-Fast-Risers/d17b0d35-f7d0-4ff2-aad6-d8e9a3132922

I dunno. Just read that KO graded positive from PFF for all the games he played at guard and negative for the four games he played as tackle. So maybe Stanley is the guy we draft. If it was up to me, I'd sign one of the young FA LT's like Okung. Beachem is available too and use the 6th pick on a playmaker.

That's what I said on the other thread. He played there before and not so good and never for

an entire year which is time needed to judge him if you're paying him all that FA money.

Also, he gets injured and Jensen filled in for him the other guy at LG the last 2 years.

But it seems Ozzie just made all the CAP room to sign KO.

That's what I said on the other thread. He played there before and not so good and never for

an entire year which is time needed to judge him if you're paying him all that FA money.

Also, he gets injured and Jensen filled in for him the other guy at LG the last 2 years.

But it seems Ozzie just made all the CAP room to sign KO.

Crap, I hope not because we need a number of holes filled!

Yea, like Von Miller.

There's no way Ravens sign him and keep KO too. I think.

They might still have enough room for a lesser FA with a discount. Even KO has to give them

a home team discount to keep him according to Bryan McFarland, CAP expert on RSR.