ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe Update

vmax

He's on schedule with no setbacks or worries....

"I can do everything, pretty much," Flacco said. "It's just a matter of how well I can do it and do I have a little limp here and there."

Ravens officials have applauded Flacco on his recovery this offseason and have been told by doctors that he's been attacking the knee rehab better than anyone they've seen. The team believes Flacco will be ready for the start of training camp in late July.

Flacco insisted that he has not been told of any set timetable for his return, but said, "All that I know is I want to be back for training camp and be back for the season. I'm doing all I can to get to that point."

Flacco hasn't done much throwing, but he is playing catch with 15-yard tosses. He will likely do more throwing in the coming weeks.

His range of motion is surprisingly good four months and one week after surgery to repair his ACL and MCL. While sitting on the training table, Flacco can pull his left leg back to a degree that is comparable to what he can do with his right leg. He isn't yet at the point where he can get on his knees and sit back on his heels.

The next step for Flacco is to run at full speed and make cuts to test the knee.

"I don't feel like I have to protect it," Flacco said. "I'm not a big brace wearer, but I wear it just so I don't hurt myself. I want to be as cautious as possible. But, at the same time, I don't feel like I have any tentativeness when I go out there and I'm doing things, whether it's in the training room or on the field."...http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15271605/baltimore-ravens-joe-flacco-says-made-big-improvements-rehab-knee-surgery......http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15271605/baltimore-ravens-joe-flacco-says-made-big-improvements-rehab-knee-surgery

"You want to throw to them at some point and you want to get a feel for these guys," Flacco said. "It's not necessarily I need to throw to them, but I need to see how they run routes and throw a couple of go-routes and see how far I can let it go."

Will Flacco be able to build chemistry with Wallace and Watson before the start of the season?

"At the end of the day, training camp is going to be enough time," Flacco said. "I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get a ton of time before that. So that's gong to be enough time. You'd like to get as much as you can, but that'll be plenty to get going.".........http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/27088/for-ravens-joe-flacco-redundancy-is-a-welcomed-change

I will out run anybody!!!

joe-flacco-gallery-10.jpg

By the way, did you see the video of Perriman running? Looked smooth and healthy. He has really long legs.

No. Does this mean the Ravens don't have to take Elliot? :)

With the draft, free agency, new coaches....the biggest news of this off season is how well Joe is recovering.

The Ravens are going nowhere without him.

I've had no doubts about Joe being ready for the season.

They should do well in the draft but who knows at this point?

I'm beginning to dislike Trestman when I compare him to what Kubiak did here.

Not ready to make a prediction yet, but I still think the Ravens will have a tough time winning this year. I would love to be wrong.

No. Does this mean the Ravens don't have to take Elliot? :)

With the draft, free agency, new coaches....the biggest news of this off season is how well Joe is recovering.

The Ravens are going nowhere without him.

Tell you what, if they draft Elliot, I will no longer be a Ravens fan. That is how sure I am that they will not.

Great to read Joe and Breshard are making progress.

Tell you what, if they draft Elliot, I will no longer be a Ravens fan. That is how sure I am that they will not.

Great to read Joe and Breshard are making progress.

Well...the draft looks a lot sweeter today....... :gorave:

If the Rams and Eagles both draft quarterbacks -- which is a likely assumption based on the bounty of picks given up -- Baltimore will have a shot at either Florida State cornerback Jalen Ramsey, Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil, Oregon defensive end DeForest Buckner, Ohio State defensive end/linebacker Joey Bosa or UCLA linebacker Myles Jack.

With quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz all but cemented into the No. 1 and No. 2 spots, two of these top talents will still be remaining:

DE Joey Bosa, Ohio State

DE DeForest Buckner, Oregon

RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State

LB Myles Jack, UCLA

DB Jalen Ramsey, Florida State

OT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss

Suddenly, the Ravens just won’t be picking from the best of what’s left among the elite talents. They’ll have options at No. 6, with the possibility of even moving back a spot or two and still getting one of the players listed above. :gorave: