ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

First look at Joe

vmax

I like the reports....

- Quarterback Joe Flacco's arm looked strong and his mechanics seemed effortless, especially early in the session when a deep floater that must have traveled at least 60 yards in the air hit rookie wideout Chris Moore in stride....https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/07/28/ravens-training-camp-day-1-joe-flacco-strong-ronnie-stanley-stout

There were times when Flacco felt some pressure and moved out of the pocket. He never attempted to run, but it wasn't like he was a statue, either.

The only reminder that Flacco is coming off a season-ending knee injury was his bright red jersey and the protective brace on his left knee.

"He made some great throws today, [and the] one to [tight end Dennis] Pitta across the middle was just a great throw," safety Eric Weddle said. "Only great quarterbacks can make that throw. He looked good; he seemed confident. You couldn't tell he had surgery in the offseason. It's definitely a positive sign."...http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/28620/ravens-joe-flacco-is-his-toughest-critic-after-first-full-team-practice-in-eight-months

Dana-grady-Flacco-joe-flacco-wife-photos joe-flacco-wife-pregnant-dana-ravens.png

Miley had good things to say too...especially about Joe's deep passes. Also, he said Pitta looked good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

A guy at work today asked me "Why would Pita try to play? It's his hip!...he could be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life!"

All that I could think of is that this is what he loves to do, and the money is good, despite the $4 mill pay cut and a signed injury waiver. That injury waiver alone shows where Dennis's head is at vs Long's.

Some of these guys are in a different zone as far as their love for the game. Hell...yesterday Joe told reportes who asked if he was concerned about his health after his career was over. joe said, "I can find somebody to run with the kids if I have too." :scared: i guess Pita is like that.

Have you read about how bad Steve Smith's injury was? And he's going to try to play.

Just think about a 100% Pita and Watson. That would be so nasty. :gorave:

img24447501.jpg

Weddle was mic'd for the practice and Pitta made some plays on him. He looked real good on a double move which faked Weddle out. IF he stays healthy our TE corps could be real nasty with PItta,Watson,Maxx, Gillmore,Waller, and even the suspended Boyle.

A guy at work today asked me "Why would Pita try to play? It's his hip!...he could be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life!"

All that I could think of is that this is what he loves to do, and the money is good, despite the $4 mill pay cut and a signed injury waiver. That injury waiver alone shows where Dennis's head is at vs Long's.

Some of these guys are in a different zone as far as their love for the game. Hell...yesterday Joe told reportes who asked if he was concerned about his health after his career was over. joe said, "I can find somebody to run with the kids if I have too." :scared: i guess Pita is like that.

Have you read about how bad Steve Smith's injury was? And he's going to try to play.

Just think about a 100% Pita and Watson. That would be so nasty. :gorave:

img24447501.jpg

Max I read where SSS had a double rupture of his tendon which his doctor had never seen before. If he comes back and plays like last year he'll deserve a Comeback Player of the Year award!

Hell Yea! :gorave:

Play of the day: In what is starting to become the Ravens' most effective passing combination, quarterback Joe Flacco again dropped a perfect throw into the arms of Mike Wallace on a back-shoulder fade route against Jimmy Smith. Wallace got off to a slow start, missing a practice last week after failing his conditioning test, but he still has the speed that led the Ravens to sign him.....Flacco starts sharp: For at least the first half of practice, Joe Flacco put together his best workout of training camp. After the play of the day to Wallace, he threw two more touchdowns in the same red zone drill, one on an out route to Chris Matthews and one over the middle to Jeremy Butler. Later, in full-field drills, he drove the offense down the field easily on the first series. When Wallace found an instant of separation from Shareece Wright, he caught a pass from Flacco in stride, touched both feet down in the end zone and spiked the ball into the fence with a roar. :bow:

Check it out...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Top-Play-The-Mike-Wallace-Joe-Flacco-Connection-Is-On-Fire-/32104d56-3d8d-4fdb-919a-622ecf2521fd

Edited by vmax