ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Post cut thougths

geo

QB: Do we bring in one to the PS..

WR: I am not a fan of keeping Staalworth when he is out for at least 8 weeks, Will Reed or Marcus survive, we need help in other areas..

OL: Only eigth men including Gaither and Cousins.. we should need a backup vet?

DL: Nine men for 3 spots.. if you say Ngata take one it is eigth for two spots, what! They have to like their D-Linemen a lot, or not, or they are still hoping for a trade here!

LB: Barnes is out.. Hopefully they believe in Burgess and Jones more.. And Philips does he ever make it to the 45?

Safety: With Ed out, it had to be like this.

CB: Who will we bring in!

Punt return: Who will it be?

KR: I hope Parmele takes over from last year, and please not Wilson!

K: Cundiff.. He better improve his stats and do it when it matters!

Stallworth out at least 8... that makes him a PUP player, yeah? So he doesn't count against the 53. Right? Or are we not PUP-ing him?

CB... didn't we kind of answer that with Wilson?

DL... Ngata doesn't play every down. We know that. I like the depth there. We move our LB/DL guys around so much, we need to be able to play 5 DL at times...

Stallworth out at least 8... that makes him a PUP player, yeah? So he doesn't count against the 53. Right? Or are we not PUP-ing him?

CB... didn't we kind of answer that with Wilson?

DL... Ngata doesn't play every down. We know that. I like the depth there. We move our LB/DL guys around so much, we need to be able to play 5 DL at times...

Its too late to PUP stallworth, should have been before TC.. when he was healthy and it was not an issue, so he count.

DL.. Sure we know Ngata are not taking every play. Nine would be fine if we were a 4-3 team, when they count Suggs and JJ as LBers, we are still first of all a 3-4 team.

OL.. Sure we are fine if they are healthy, if Gaither and Cousins some how shows up in week 1-2.

Here's mine...

The Ravens are going into the 2010 season weak at RT. The rest of the O is deep and talented.

Any team that has to rely on their 3rd string QB to get them to the playoffs is doomed...unless that team is the 2008 Baltimore Ravens. They'll be fine with Flacco and Bulger.

I'm comfortable with Mason, Clayton, Bouldin, Smith and Reed at WR. I think Reed is the better WR than Smith but he's got to get over his 'jitters'. He can be a playmaker if he settles down.

No standout LB to play alongside Ray, Johnson and Suggs. They all bring one strength to the table and are not complete LB's. Mattison will have to use sub packages to maximize their main strengths until one develops and takes over. Ozzie may have to use an early pick in the 2011 draft to find and develop a replacement for Ray. Currently that man is not on the roster.

Cory Redding impressed me but the Ravens still are lacking a playmaking pass rushing DE....they will get pressure and sacks many other ways until they find that man. I have my doubts on Kruger but the guy has heart and dedication...he may develop, but he looks like LB should be his position. As a DE gainst starters I don't think he can make the grade...still to early to tell.

I'm surprised they kept Phillips but I hear he's an 'animal'. He has what Zibby and Nakamura have in them so we may see him morph up like those 2 in time.

The concerns with the secondary have lessoned for me with the addition of Wilson. Nevertheless this remains a vulnerable area because of health issues. Can Washington stay healthy all year? Can Webb comeback strong and stay healthy also? "IF" they stay healthy then 2011 looks like a respectable group with Foxworth, Wilson, Webb and Washington. Big "IF" though...

Special Teams is deep. These guys should be very interesting to watch.

They found a way to stash Harewood..he sure didn't look injured Thursday night. :) Now if they can only develop him. He has a lot to learn but he's got the size, smarts and right attutude.

Oh...Ayanbadejo, Stallworth and Reed will be getting back on this roster this season...so it will get deeper.

Edited by vmax

Here's mine...

The Ravens are going into the 2010 season weak at RT. The rest of the O is deep and talented.

Any team that has to rely on their 3rd string QB to get them to the playoffs is doomed...unless that team is the 2008 Baltimore Ravens. They'll be fine with Flacco and Bulger.

I'm comfortable with Mason, Clayton, Bouldin, Smith and Reed at WR. I think Reed is the better WR than Smith but he's got to get over his 'jitters'. He can be a playmaker if he settles down.

No standout LB to play alongside Ray, Johnson and Suggs. They all bring one strength to the table and are not complete LB's. Mattison will have to use sub packages to maximize their main strengths until one develops and takes over. Ozzie may have to use an early pick in the 2011 draft to find and develop a replacement for Ray. Currently that man is not on the roster.

Cory Redding impressed me but the Ravens still are lacking a playmaking pass rushing DE....they will get pressure and sacks many other ways until they find that man. I have my doubts on Kruger but the guy has heart and dedication...he may develop, but he looks like LB should be his position. As a DE gainst starters I don't think he can make the grade...still to early to tell.

I'm surprised they kept Phillips but I hear he's an 'animal'. He has what Zibby and Nakamura have in them so we may see him morph up like those 2 in time.

The concerns with the secondary have lessoned for me with the addition of Wilson. Nevertheless this remains a vulnerable area because of health issues. Can Washington stay healthy all year? Can Webb comeback strong and stay healthy also? "IF" they stay healthy then 2011 looks like a respectable group with Foxworth, Wilson, Webb and Washington. Big "IF" though...

Special Teams is deep. These guys should be very interesting to watch.

They found a way to stash Harewood..he sure didn't look injured Thursday night. :) Now if they can only develop him. He has a lot to learn but he's got the size, smarts and right attutude.

Oh...Ayanbadejo, Stallworth and Reed will be getting back on this roster this season...so it will get deeper.

Agree, we are absolutely loaded at Linebacker and Defensive line still as well, I'm still up for a trade for a CB even with the addition of Wilson.

We really need Gaither back and healthy, the step down from him is HUGE for this team.

And Max, its Boldin, you gotta spell our new weapons name right haha