ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Blackouts in Oakland & San Diego

vmax

It's happening more and more. Other teams (like the Bengals, Jags ect) are comming real close to this.

HD TV and big screens have something to do with this. The economy is squeezing fans into thinking "Should I pay $100 for a seat or sit at home in my comfortable Man Cave?"

Me? It's a beautiful purging to be able to yell my face off legally for 3 hours. The 100 hours of my boss and darling teenage children nagging me all week gets burned off and somehow... I love them once again. Therapy would cost at least $100 an hour, but I don't need it as long as I renew my tickets.

Both the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers will open their home season with blackouts. Both teams announced Thursday that their home games Sunday will not be shown on local television.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/27896/blackouts-in-oakland-and-san-diego

It would suck so bad if we couldn't see the Ravens on TV Sunday! Think of it...radio...that's all you'd have without NFL Sunday Ticket.

Personally, I love being at the game! Like you said, it is wonderful to purge myself and scream DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD for 3 hours :) That said, San Diego, Oakland and Jags should not bitch about wanting to be in their comfortable homes! Screw them! They get at the minimum 60 degree whether for football? WTF?