ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Balls

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Defense:

Haloti Ngata. All over the field today. Mendenhall looked like he hit a brick wall rushing to the outside.

Ladarius Webb. This guy is special. He was on Wallace's hip all day. Game saving play stripping the ball out of Wallace's hands in the endzone.

I'll give the O-line some love on offense. Joe, for the most part, had a nice pocket to throw from. Not an easy task against Pittsburgh.

Agree on Haloti and Webb, they both played great. However, the OLine wasn't able to open up anything for the run game, so while the pass protection was good, the lack of run blocking evened it out to an average performance overall for them. Best part of the offense for me was the ball getting spread around and keeping all the WR's happy.

Agree on Haloti and Webb, they both played great. However, the OLine wasn't able to open up anything for the run game, so while the pass protection was good, the lack of run blocking evened it out to an average performance overall for them. Best part of the offense for me was the ball getting spread around and keeping all the WR's happy.

Agreed but the OL was facing a pretty good front seven, so all in all it was okay.

And really nice to see webb back!

Oh it's hard to single anybody out when the whole team played their ass off for 60 minutes.

Ngata was outstanding today.

2 big plays by Housh...he made that final drive work.

Joe Flacco gets one from me. He took a big step today. Crunch time it was on him.

Perhaps we should give one to crav...he didn't post *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***.

Also he'll be working hard pounding the Stealers and Bengals boards this week.

Defense:

Haloti Ngata. All over the field today. Mendenhall looked like he hit a brick wall rushing to the outside.

Ladarius Webb. This guy is special. He was on Wallace's hip all day. Game saving play stripping the ball out of Wallace's hands in the endzone.

I'll give the O-line some love on offense. Joe, for the most part, had a nice pocket to throw from. Not an easy task against Pittsburgh.

Great choices. Webb was awesome and he had not just the one, but a couple of game saving plays defending Mike Wallace.

Also give one to Jeff Reed. Thank you Jeff you ole drunk!

Guest BallTMore

Great choices. Webb was awesome and he had not just the one, but a couple of game saving plays defending Mike Wallace.

Also give one to Jeff Reed. Thank you Jeff you ole drunk!

Yeah.

I imagine your week is going to be that much better. : )

Wear your Ravens colors with pride.

I know it was great to hear the bar around the corner from my house go silent.

Hard to fault OL against this defense... and also given the (still) shoddy play calling. Run. Pass. Pass. Run. Pass. Pass.

When we finally threw on 1st down, the Steelers were stunned. When we'd run on 2nd instead of (or after) 1st, we'd picked up twice as many yards.

When the Ravens sputtered at the goalline on the 2nd to last drive, they flashed to a shot of Tomlin and some other Pitt coach after a run play by the Ravens... and both just had that ****-eating grin of "we know what you're going to call 10 plays before you call it"

At least we made it out alive. And the O is slowly finding itself.

furst.jpg"Can we give one to Ozzie for getting Boldin and Haush? I'm sure he got them for one reason...to get this Ravens team over the hump of losing to the Steelers. Those two made the difference today....not to leave out Mason who was finally free to make some key plays because they couldn't blanket cover him."

56511114.jpg

Edited by vmax

From my perspective, you have to give it to your O line. Our entire pass-defense is based on being able to rush and hurry the passer. Your line did a very good job stopping our LB's. THAT, is where the game was won. Had they not stopped our LB's, Flacco would have been harassed and forced into a lot more mistakes. While that is true of any team, your O line did it against possibly the best LB pass-rush tandem in the NFL today. CLEARLY, I would give them the game ball.

From my perspective, you have to give it to your O line. Our entire pass-defense is based on being able to rush and hurry the passer. Your line did a very good job stopping our LB's. THAT, is where the game was won. Had they not stopped our LB's, Flacco would have been harassed and forced into a lot more mistakes. While that is true of any team, your O line did it against possibly the best LB pass-rush tandem in the NFL today. CLEARLY, I would give them the game ball.

The Ravens did something today that we have never done and what you guys have done to us for years. Flacco and Birk were delaying and switching up the snap count so that the Steelers defense would show their blitz pre-snap giving our offensive line time to make the adjustments. When we had Rex as our DC you guys would do this to us all the time. I am glad Cam finally picked up on this. It is even more impressive considering on the road we were able get the call into the huddle and get to the line with enough time left on the play clock where we could get the Steelers to show their blitzes.

The Ravens did something today that we have never done and what you guys have done to us for years. Flacco and Birk were delaying and switching up the snap count so that the Steelers defense would show their blitz pre-snap giving our offensive line time to make the adjustments. When we had Rex as our DC you guys would do this to us all the time. I am glad Cam finally picked up on this. It is even more impressive considering on the road we were able get the call into the huddle and get to the line with enough time left on the play clock where we could get the Steelers to show their blitzes.

Sometimes you amaze me Thunder. I'm all like "Ravens do good yesterday!" and you're breaking down things like one of Harbs staff.

Give a Gameball to Hochilli and crew. All week I was telling Steelers fans, mostly in jest, that the game script would be the same as in years past: The Ravens would take the lead, the Steelers would come back in the final quarter and the game would be up for grabs in the final minutes. At that point the Refs would either screw us and we'd lose (like the Santonio Holmes play at the goal line two years ago or calling back Zibikowski's INT last year at Hines field), or they wouldn't and we'd win. When I saw Hochilli, I was somewhat relieved because he is probably the fairest official out there. I thought things would be going south after that Hines Ward PI call early in the game, but the refs called infractions on both sides and they did a great job not being a factor in the game.