ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Team Identity

varaven45

Here are some traits/tendencies I have observed from this year's team so far.

1. Ray Rice is slower in hitting the holes this year (related to knee injury) ?

2. Joe and the O have plenty of toys but just arent using them consistently ?

3. Ray Ray and Ngata are the only consistent defensive players.

4. Our STs (sans Koch and Cundiff) are killing us in terms of field position.

5. We havent had 1 decent, unpenalized punt return this year.

6. This team doent know how to "step on the opponents throat" after taking a huge lead.

7. The pass rush/ defense is becoming increasingly more suspect with each week.

8. The run defense has become swiss cheese against pedestrian running backs - Peyton Hillis, Woodchuck, etc.

9. This team plays with no sense of urgency and/or purpose.

10. Our team's decreased production from the draft is beginning to show, esp on the D and secondary.

Any thoughts or reactions ?

We are not 2-5..

5-2 and its not like we have had an easy schedule.. we are 2-1 in 3 away games against Jets, Steelers and Pats who ranks in top five in almost all powerrankings, and yes we did allow Brady to get his win.

I am also concerned here;

6. This team doent know how to "step on the opponents throat" after taking a huge lead. No answer what to do? Playcalling? Joe? OL without Gaithers pounds. Pats games last five drives nada, Bills last five drives same thing!

7. The pass rush/ defense is becoming increasingly more suspect with each week. Agreed. Redding is not really good, JJ has lost a step, McClain and Ellerbe is not improving, Kruger and Kindles injuries, shit happends.. And please where is the fat man!

Rice and the runninggame were not very good last year in september-october, improved and a force since, hope and believe they will do that again.

Secondary is okay, sure we need that kind of player C-mac was once, we do have 5-6 decent CB and five decent safeties, they are not elite, but pretty good.

One area you miss.. penalties, we have actually improved at that point!

We are not 2-5..

5-2 and its not like we have had an easy schedule.. we are 2-1 in 3 away games against Jets, Steelers and Pats who ranks in top five in almost all powerrankings, and yes we did allow Brady to get his win.

I am also concerned here;

6. This team doent know how to "step on the opponents throat" after taking a huge lead. No answer what to do? Playcalling? Joe? OL without Gaithers pounds. Pats games last five drives nada, Bills last five drives same thing!

7. The pass rush/ defense is becoming increasingly more suspect with each week. Agreed. Redding is not really good, JJ has lost a step, McClain and Ellerbe is not improving, Kruger and Kindles injuries, shit happends.. And please where is the fat man!

Rice and the runninggame were not very good last year in september-october, improved and a force since, hope and believe they will do that again.

Secondary is okay, sure we need that kind of player C-mac was once, we do have 5-6 decent CB and five decent safeties, they are not elite, but pretty good.

One area you miss.. penalties, we have actually improved at that point!

Geo,

Thanks. You are right - I took a pessimistic angle. There are many positives but after a skin-of-your-teeth win vs the BILLS !!!!! its hard to highlight the good stuff. Maybe the bye week will do the team some good, huh ?

Geo,

Thanks. You are right - I took a pessimistic angle. There are many positives but after a skin-of-your-teeth win vs the BILLS !!!!! its hard to highlight the good stuff. Maybe the bye week will do the team some good, huh ?

Somehow it is amazing. We had so many great plays, and so many ugly plays, I find it hard to remember that I ever have witness a such unlike Ravens performence, anyway not that ended with a win.

Flacco/McGahee fumble or the best play their flea flicker to Boldin.. and btw hard to enjoy that play, while Heap went down.

Josh Wilsons two key plays a Fumble lost, Fumble recovery.

Ray Lewis and Ed Reeds big plays or the same defense who gave up so much.

These are many of the reasons I thought they should do a little reloading. JJ while I love him as a player I would have looked to trade for pick(s). Gaither is a waste of space. In March they could have gotten at least a 3-4 pick for him. That player would have been useful going forward.

Looking at the longterm prospects and where the youth is I would have started looking at getting younger where possible for a major set of Runs in 2-3 yrs.

I just do not see this team being good enough to push through the playoffs. Another yr wasted with solid talent. Had they started to do what the Pats began 2 yrs ago they would be hot on their heals. Now I think they will be going in different direction.

I do so wonder what some of our comments would be if two things did not happen:

1. Gaither stayed healthy and played. I believe he has a lot to do with out mauling running game. He was viscious in the running game.

2. If Kindle didn't get his major injury I really believe he would have contributed to this team. He played hard and fast and just "like" a Raven.

However injuries happen every year and teams need to play through them. We need some players to step up! Where's our Hartwell? Thomas? Bart Scott? Where's our Will Demps? We've always had defenders step up to challenges. Hell even Gary Baxter stepped up! I don't see a single player on defense really stepping up beside Sugss, Ngata, and Ray. You can throw Ed in, but it's only been one week. We need more contributions from unsung players. Man up Ravens!