ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens could have done this too...

vmax

I don't want to pound on Cam...down 17-3...24-10... you don't get back into many games running the ball, but take note of what his former assistant did yesterday...

Coach of the Week

Hue Jackson, offensive coordinator, Oakland.

Credit Jackson for taking a team with two injured quarterbacks and crafting a rushing attack the likes of which this franchise has rarely seen to beat the hated Broncos in Denver. In a 59-14 rout, Jackson kept calling the runs because they kept working, and it allowed Oakland to possess the ball for nearly 39 minutes. Keyed by Darren McFadden's 165-yard day, the Raiders ran it 52 times for 328 yards. I see more of that coming. There's a bold prediction.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/25/monday-morning-quarterback-week-7/3.html

The Ravens could have had a 300 yard day running.

I don't want to pound on Cam...down 17-3...24-10... you don't get back into many games running the ball, but take note of what his former assistant did yesterday...

The Ravens could have had a 300 yard day running.

Max,

Why didnt they ? They came out gunning from the get go, right ? Some observers are saying that Rice isnt hitting the holes as fast this year, McGahee is still tap dancing. Maybe Cam is saving it or he only wants to run after we establish the pass.

Either way, the bye gives them a couple weeks to re-establish the running game. They are certainly going to need it down the stretch run.

I thought the same thing varav.... but the Bills came out crowding the box to stop the run...so Cam threw. You want that senario as an OC. You can make them pay when you have a QB like Joe and great receivers....but Joe opened cold or it would have been 14-0 Ravens. Joe missed wide open men downfield.

Something is not the same with Rice but maybe it's the line too. Chester isn't close to being the guard Yanda is and that hurts. Yanda would pull and get to the second level.

Also I really think sitting Rice all pre season and not running the ball set this team back. It might have worked for Tomlinson but Cam doesn't have LT.

I thought the same thing varav.... but the Bills came out crowding the box to stop the run...so Cam threw. You want that senario as an OC. You can make them pay when you have a QB like Joe and great receivers....but Joe opened cold or it would have been 14-0 Ravens. Joe missed wide open men downfield.

Something is not the same with Rice but maybe it's the line too. Chester isn't close to being the guard Yanda is and that hurts. Yanda would pull and get to the second level.

Also I really think sitting Rice all pre season and not running the ball set this team back. It might have worked for Tomlinson but Cam doesn't have LT.

I am not a rear view mirror guy, but the loss of Gaither on O and Dom Fox on D cannot be overstated. The Gaither loss has resulted in a patchwork OL that may take the whole season to get straight (if it does at all). Its almost like the Searcy loss back in '01.

I think Cam knows that Flacco has to grow for this team to go where it wants to go. I think Cam was going to use Buffalo as a way of working lots of throws in for Flacco, but we got behind early and kinda jacked the plan up. Flacco still ended up throwing alot, but I don't think it was what Cam had in mind. Just a gut feeling there. As the season wears on, I imagine we're going to see more running. The weather gets cold and the passes slow down.