ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Scratching my head

cravnravn

I just dont get how we make other teams look twice as good as they are on paper.

Falcons had the 28th ranked D in the NFL, they were 29th in D on stopping 3rd down conversions, yet the first half they held us to 1 for 4 in third down attempts. Josh Freeman went up and down the field all day long against that D, I'd like to think we have a better O than the Bucs.

Its not just the Falcons game either.

Buffalo, gimme a break, that was not Jim Kelly QBing for them.

Pittsburgh, please, without Ben it shouldnt have been a contest.

Bengals, heres a 2-6 team, yet the Ravens always give them one in the W column.

We have Cleveland in Cleveland, in a few weeks, you dont think they will be fired up for us?

This season is somewhat unraveling quickly, There is some truth in the SI article, since the return of Reed, our D has become suspect.

I keep seeing '96 and '97 when the Ravens could score but the D was a sieve...especially the secondary. They can't get off the field so the O has trouble getting started.

This team can't find things that they can do well and rely on...like run or stop the run...or flooding the field with this great group of receivers and hitting the open man consistantly.

It all starts and stops in the trenches and the O line is suspect on giving Flacco time to throw and a pocket to throw in.

The D line can't generate any QB pressure and the secondary is weak...so they can't get off the field.

The weekly trench game is where they struggle. It affects everything.

On paper, next weeks game in Carolina should be 42-3 Ravens..But something tells me, we'll be biting our nails with 6 minutes to go in the game.

Agreed...the Ravens will be choking on 'they've never beat Carolina' all game so they'll play like that. The Panthers will try to give them the game but they'll hand it back saying "No, you take it".

13198.jpg"I can't wait to play the Ravens. My .48 QB rating should really jump up to around 100...probably a career day."

But...that's why I'm a Ravens fan. As you know, I lead an idylic life with no stress, pressure or worries so I have to balance that out...hence "GO RAVENS!"

Run Ray Rice down their throats. The end. Keep our D off the field.

It's been pointed out a-plenty. Ray Rice had 30 yards on his first 3 carries against the Falcons, which were also our first 3 plays.

He got 9 more carries the rest of the night.

I just dont get how we make other teams look twice as good as they are on paper.

Falcons had the 28th ranked D in the NFL, they were 29th in D on stopping 3rd down conversions, yet the first half they held us to 1 for 4 in third down attempts. Josh Freeman went up and down the field all day long against that D, I'd like to think we have a better O than the Bucs.

I refer you to Max's post about Cam's brick wall offense. The run was working, yet Cam still passed. In the Buffalo game it worked (at least for our offense), in this game it didn't. Peter King called him out on it - it was incredibly boneheaded considering how poorly our O-line was pass blocking.