ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How many fines will be handed out as a result of this game?

Preacher

Count the Fines!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No question with the passion of the game, Harrison and Suggs with both do something silly. They both play the, "there's just no way we can tackle any other way" card, however they're both awesome athletes, they absolutely can. A week after Harrison received his second fine of the year, he totally seperated a runner from the ball with a super clean low formed tackle. It was vicious, and it was legal.

The players will change and adapt and they should. I refer to my rugby arguement. Players in rugby absolutely have to tackle a certain way and no one questions the tenacity of that game.

I voted 4, one each for Suggs and Harrison, one for Tomlin stepping onto field to bark at coach, and hopefully one against Ray for anything egregious because the refs (and everyone else) are sick of those horrible old spice commercials; maybe one more for Ward pulling Reed down by the beard as he pick-6-es big ben

No question with the passion of the game, Harrison and Suggs with both do something silly. They both play the, "there's just no way we can tackle any other way" card, however they're both awesome athletes, they absolutely can. A week after Harrison received his second fine of the year, he totally seperated a runner from the ball with a super clean low formed tackle. It was vicious, and it was legal.

The players will change and adapt and they should. I refer to my rugby arguement. Players in rugby absolutely have to tackle a certain way and no one questions the tenacity of that game.

Interesting.

I have used the exact same argument on my homeboards...

The rules are simple. You must hit between the nipples and the knees- you must attempt to wrap your arms around him- and you must attempt to take the guy to the ground WHILE WRAPPED. Really, if the rules were put into place like this, there really wouldn't be any problems. Harrison's last hit which he was fined for would not have been a fine. His hit against Cleveland would have been illegal because "He didn't attempt to wrap the guy up, or hit him in the target area".

The problem is, IMO, the league really DOESN'T want the players to wrap up. Those tackles aren't as thrilling, and they also don't allow for the ball carrier to stay on their feet and break out for another 20 yards. Hence, it "doesn't sell the game" as well.

No, I think the rules really, are all about the money at this point- which IS WHY I think Brady and Manning are pampered. Ben was injured last week on a play that should not only have received a penalty, but probably should have been fined. He was twisted up like a pretzel long after releasing the ball- he actually was already on the ground. Yet nothing was called. If that had been Flacco, again there would be no call. Yet, I have seen players simple get CLOSE to Brady's knees, and get a flag.