ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

My Good Friend Mike

vmax

All in all, I really thought Flacco played very well. If we bust off some runs, we aren't talking about Flacco at all. I'm not saying Flacco doesn't have work to do, but it seems pretty clear after last night that it's our run game and playcalling that is failing. Flacco seems to have made adjustments and Flacco made some very impressive passes last night. There was no slow release or decision on the TD pass. I can easily count 10-15 solid quick release passes Flacco made to his 2-3 that came up short.

I think Flacco looks great when his primary is open, he throws nice crisp passes quickly. If the primary is covered Joe either tries to force it or gets confused and slows down and seems to fall back on rookie mechanics. If we had a psychic OC who could call plays where the primary is always open then Joe would be awesome. Its when he has to look, read the field, and think that he has problems.

I think personnel is more of a problem than play calling, though I admit that could be better.

Guest BallTMore

Saw it again last night. Mason did a curl to the outside and slow Joe took so long to get rid of the ball the DB almost had time to recover after being faked out of his shoes by Mason. Also saw Boldin glaring at Flacco to the point where Harbaugh pulled Boldin up when he came to the sideline. And then there was the forced pass to Boldin on 3rd and 2.

I hated when Joe was so slow that Mason dropped a perfect deep pass for a TD, or when he was so slow he made Boldin drop a 3rd down pass that would have moved the chains and kept our "We need to score on every possession on offense otherwise we can't hold the lead" defense off the field. The offense and Joe only got them a 21 point lead.

I also hate when Joe holds on to the ball for 1.5 seconds and gets sacked, can't he go through his progressions faster and get rid of it? Damn!