ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe Flacco

cravnravn

Joe is a good quarterback. The problems are with the O-line as has been stated on this board. I'm not sure about Cam's playcalling and micro-managing of the offense either.

We could certainly use O-line help in the draft, but the defense needs someone else to pass rush---and its time we found a LB to eventually replace Ray Lewis. All in all we have more needs than I thought we would when the season started. Its been a disappointing season to see us waste valuable resources like Boldin, Housh, and Donte.

Joe is in the top 10 in nearly all of the important statistical categories. The majority of the things people blame on Joe can and should be thrown in cam and the o-lines lap.

Chant shouldnt me "move those chains" ... it should be "Let Joe throw!". Take the reigns off him, run the no huddle more and let him call some drives. You have a hand full of solid targets... let em play football cam. sheesh, so sick of this guy holding joe back.

:tongue:

Crav,

With all his critics and some of the bashers, Joe has quietly, humbly emerged as a sound QB. He is actually rated above both Mannings, Brees and Ryan - are you kidding me !! :thumbup: We are very fortunate to have him and the FO better clean the OL big time in the offseason (Ive already given up on this year).

As a minimum, we need to get the Gaither situation straightened out (either dump him or pick up a bonafide LT), put Big Mike back where he is most effective at RT, find a legit Birk replacement, leave Grubbs/Yanda at G, and create a decent bench/reserves of OL.

Our current situation cannot be tolerated after this year if we intend to keep Joe as our franchise QB.

Meanwhile, I like the progress and leadership that Joe is beginning to show. With a more effective OL, an improved running game, and a stout receiving corps, there is not telling how far Bazooka Joe can go !

:gorave:

Va, Joe is quietly becoming what we all hoped to have on this team..And ironically, hes doing it and Boldin is having his least productive season as a pro..

Joe is spreading the ball and not just keying on one player, which to me indicates, that he has the field smarts.

Va, Joe is quietly becoming what we all hoped to have on this team..And ironically, hes doing it and Boldin is having his least productive season as a pro..

Joe is spreading the ball and not just keying on one player, which to me indicates, that he has the field smarts.

Yep. Now we just need to have Cam turn the reins over to Joe ! :benice:

I wouldn't mind Joe putting the ball in Boldin's hands just a little more though. We desperately need to run a WR screen to Boldin, I do wonder why we do not. Is it because Boldin doesn't have the speed to beat defenders deep, is he always in bunmp and run coverage? I'm not sure.

Agreed. How many more times are we going to run the obligatory WR screen to TJ or Mase that nets 2 yards ! We could probably list a zillion oddities from Cams playbook. Come to think of it, dont get me started ! :unsure:

Crav,

With all his critics and some of the bashers, Joe has quietly, humbly emerged as a sound QB. He is actually rated above both Mannings, Brees and Ryan - are you kidding me !! :thumbup: We are very fortunate to have him and the FO better clean the OL big time in the offseason (Ive already given up on this year).

As a minimum, we need to get the Gaither situation straightened out (either dump him or pick up a bonafide LT), put Big Mike back where he is most effective at RT, find a legit Birk replacement, leave Grubbs/Yanda at G, and create a decent bench/reserves of OL.

Our current situation cannot be tolerated after this year if we intend to keep Joe as our franchise QB.

Meanwhile, I like the progress and leadership that Joe is beginning to show. With a more effective OL, an improved running game, and a stout receiving corps, there is not telling how far Bazooka Joe can go !

:gorave:

Excellent points! Plus, I don't know how many noticed but when Housh was ragging on the officials for a non-PI call and going on too long loud and loud with it, Joe yelled at him to get back to the huddle.