ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Weddle wants to retire as a Raven

vmax

I'm surprised by that but I'm good with it.

Eric Weddle announced his retirement today. Here is a recap of his three seasons with Ravens:

🏈220 tackles
🏈10 interceptions
🏈11 passes broken up
🏈3 forced fumbles
🏆3 Pro Bowls
🍨Countless gallons of victory ice cream

"As of right now, I would retire as a Raven before those other two teams," Weddle told The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec. "There's no need to push that button quickly, but I'm a Raven. I loved my time with the Rams. I was all in. But those three years (2016-2018) in Baltimore were as fun and enjoyable as I've ever had in my career."

"The Ravens were honest and up front with me," Weddle said. "They took a chance on me as a 30-year-old safety. They believed in me and wanted me, and I could never forget the admiration and love I have for those guys.

"The whole city … it was like a second home for us. We lived there year round, so the bad winters, we were in it. We loved the hard-working, first-class people. … Wished we could have won a Super Bowl, but I think [that's] on the horizon.".....:gorave:..https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-2-13-eric-weddle-says-i-m-a-raven

It's a good read. A good inside look at the organization...past, present and future.