ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

8 Meetings in 28 months

cravnravn

Stat of the Week

This is not a convoluted stat, but then again, Baltimore-Pittsburgh is not a convoluted rivalry. When the Ravens and Steelers meet Saturday in the AFC divisional playoff round, it will be their eighth meeting in 28 months.

Think about that for a second: three games in 2008, two in 2009, three in 2010.

In inverse order, here are the scores. Amazing: last four each decided by a field goal.

Steelers, 13-10

Ravens, 17-14

Steelers, 23-20

Ravens, 20-17

Steelers, 23-14

Steelers, 13-9

Steelers, 23-20

Baltimore by 3 and 3. Pittsburgh by 3, 3, 9, 4 and 3.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/09/wild-card/index.html#ixzz1AdydvnZM

I do not know about you guys, but I felt the Steelers were clearly the more talented team in 2008. I feel we closed the gap last year and this year we are much more even in talent. It should be an excellent game. We still need to prove that we can beat the Steelers with both Ben and Troy playing the same time. This would be a momumental win for us.

Peyton eventually beat the Patriots. We're due to beat the Steelers, that's all there is to that.

I'm not sure about the "due" part. I think each game is just that, an individual game. These games especially. How I wish we would have met you guys in the AFCCG instead. For all the reasons I stated before in the other thread and also, because after this game, the winner (whomever it is) is going to need a week's down time to recuperate from the game.

I'm not sure about the "due" part. I think each game is just that, an individual game. These games especially. How I wish we would have met you guys in the AFCCG instead. For all the reasons I stated before in the other thread and also, because after this game, the winner (whomever it is) is going to need a week's down time to recuperate from the game.

Statistically speaking....we're absolutely due to beat Pitt in the playoffs. There's no question, Pitt has a very one sided advantage in playoff games. Eventually they will be due for a loss against Bmore, and I say that this Saturday will be the day! ;)

From Peter King:

Peter King wrote the Ravens are one of the best road teams he’s ever seen..."Six playoff games in the past three years, all on the road,” wrote King. “Four wins, three by double digits. Baltimore’s success is more than hit-or-miss.”

The Steelers are 4-4 at home in their past eight postseason games.

Really??? Wow

Close, actually, 5-3 in the last 8. 6-4 in the last 10. However,

2006- Jax, First year head coach, multiple injured players, including Willie P. and Troy P.

2004- NE, when they were in the height of SPYGATE.

2001- NE, Spygate?? Also, a very bad QB.

1998- Broncos, They had John Elway, we had Kordell Stewart. Any questions? :blink:

I really don't think this team can be comparted to the 98 or even 01 teams. Ben has made a tremendous difference.

Here are some other stats that make it look good from our perspective (but are probably just as meaningless).

7-0 in the last 5 years when Troy P. is healthy in Postseason action.

7-1 in the last 8 postseason games.

8-2 in the last 10 postseason games.

7-0 all time against divisional opponents in the postseason.

31-19 total in all postseason action.

Of course, if this was baseball, I could give you the stats when a kickoff when 30 yards in the second half as the wind blew between 10 and 15 MPH during the evening on odd dated days.