ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

CVP Towson Burns Down

dc.

I watched it go down last night. I was about to sit down at Barnes and Nobles and heard the sirens of emergency vehicles. I noticed the sitting traffic on the circle and thought someone got run over on it since people can't drive around it. Then I noticed the traffic went down York Rd so I followed it seeing a squad car down at the next block. Again nobody is moving so no response vehicles can get to the emergency. Another car went up York Rd to the circle and pulled the wrong way and stopped infront of the stopped cars and the officer made them start pulling around the cir away fromYork Rd. The Officer on what ever Rd CVP was on was trying to clear the cars that were down to that point but the but the half retarded people made things slow and hard. These drivers delayed much of the equiptment by over 5 mins.

When I actually got in the line of site there were flames rolling of the 2nd flr window at least 10 ft tall. That got pushed down and it looked like they were getting it under control. After about 15 mins the flames came back bigger. It looks like they pulled out of the bldg about that point and started firing water from a ladder onto the roof. They also were in the Edward Jones bldg on the 2nd flr fighting in there so I guess it spread from CVP. When I thought they really had things getting under control then a bunch of black smoke plumed out of the bldg.

One thing I found interesting was a box truck from Bmore County fire that said Central Alarmers on the side. I wondered what it was. They opened up the sideand it is basically a roach coach. They were brewing up coffee and lawing out food. I had never heard of such a thing but it makes a great deal of sense.

I did see one FF that was taken out on a stretcher. He did not look to hurt. He was awake and calm.

Crav - same name and franchise, but not the same building. CVP in Charles Village is still there

Millz - Real College Park has... nothing. When I was there, there were 3 bars. The 'legendary' Bentley's, Cornerstone and then Santa Fe. There were some other little shops with seating, but not really part of the CP vibe. When I graduated they added 'Thirsty Turtle.' But then Santa Fe was shut down. So they are still pretty much stuck with 3 real bars. For 25k undergrads.

Granted, DC is right there and just easy to get to. But still unbelievable that it only has that one little area with 3 spots. Towson has almost too many to count compared to CP, it feels like. And I'm not even counting the chain restaurants (like Batemans). In which case Towson would still win by a dozen.

I watched it go down last night. I was about to sit down at Barnes and Nobles and heard the sirens of emergency vehicles.

How the heck did you see that from B&N? CVP is on the south side of West Pennsylvanie, with the Sun Trust bank in the office building across the street I would figure blocking anyone's view from the northeast vantage point. You must've had a York road window view, upper level, south end? That's the only way I could imagine seeing anything other than smoke.

Crav, the Hopkins' area CVP is the original and best; the Towson CVP is a second location.

dc, good thing I didn't transfer from WVU to UMD during grad school, I was seriously considering that at one point; my party life would have definitely suffered.

How the heck did you see that from B&N? CVP is on the south side of West Pennsylvanie, with the Sun Trust bank in the office building across the street I would figure blocking anyone's view from the northeast vantage point. You must've had a York road window view, upper level, south end? That's the only way I could imagine seeing anything other than smoke.

Even without that Suntrust building, it's just a tiny little place anyway. There's no way.

But I don't think he meant that he saw it while actually in Barnes and Noble.

It's called walking. I followed the traffic.

sorry dude, I thought by "about to sit down" you were actually in the store. The last time I was there the Suntrust was across the street. I know there's an Indonesian restaurant in the lower floor of that building; hot noodles.