ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Shaun Rogers released

cravnravn

He was a beast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/shaun-rogers-other-released-veterans-become-free-agents-now/

All that said, teams aren’t doing a whole lot of business right now, anyway. With 490 players due to become free agents on March 4, precious few are re-signing with their current teams, possibly because owners want to keep money in their pockets — and thus out of the players’ pockets — as a work stoppage approaches. Under that reasoning, there’s no reason for anyone to sign Shaun Rogers until after the labor situation is resolved.

He is 31. He has a 4 yr downturn in stats. These guys don't get better with age. He was a joke this past yr. But I could see Ozzie making another foolish FA move.

So was Sam Adams when we got him. Playing along side Goose and the rest of that defense really helped him. Now, I have been an advocate of building through the draft, not bringing in all the high priced FAs. If we can get him cheap, wouldn't it be something to pair him with Ngata? This is an example of the cheap acquisition that maybe we can get lucky on. Cheap guys are fine, if he demands much more, we should absolutely ignore him. Build through the draft needs to be the mantra for the next couple of years.

Crav,

Could you imagine our XTRAwide load on the DL with Rogers ? My god, can you just picture Rogers and Cheeseburger next to Ngata and Gregg. Dang, Ngata would look like an aerobics instructor :wink: :yeah:

Either way, I'd take him. He would fill the holes and give Ray Ray (and his heir apparent) roaming space ala Siragusa ten years ago !

Crav,

Could you imagine our XTRAwide load on the DL with Rogers ? My god, can you just picture Rogers and Cheeseburger next to Ngata and Gregg. Dang, Ngata would look like an aerobics instructor :wink: :yeah:

Either way, I'd take him. He would fill the holes and give Ray Ray (and his heir apparent) roaming space ala Siragusa ten years ago !

I LOVE IT!!! :thumbup:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/shaun-rogers-may-visit-the-redskins/

As Florio pointed out this morning, recently released players like former Browns defender Shaun Rogers can sign with a new team immediately.

While many teams will undoubtedly hide behind labor uncertainty while twiddling their thumbs, it’s no surprise that the Redskins could take a different approach.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Rogers has spoken with Washington and could set up a visit with the team, perhaps as early as tomorrow. Surely Rogers’ camp hopes that another team gets involved to potentially drive up Rogers’ price.

Going after Rogers would be a sign that Albert Haynesworth has no future in Washington, not that we really need another sign.

Coming up with a fair contract before a work stoppage could be tricky. Players may have to give up a little bit of earning potential long-term to get money in their pocket.

1 I do not see that being a cheap deal.

2 If Snyder is going to do it it can't be a good move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/shaun-rogers-may-visit-the-redskins/

1 I do not see that being a cheap deal.

2 If Snyder is going to do it it can't be a good move.

Fair enough, in that case, we absolutely don't want this guy. Now, if the price is dirt cheap, maybe we go after Haynesworth. Granted he was a pain the ass for the Skins, however he would return to his more natural role if he played here. I'm just exploring things here. If it's cheap, get it done, if not, walk away.

• 3 weeks later...