ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A new question on the lockout

papasmurfbell

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0216-20110215,0,352914.column

According to Foxworth, his knee is about 70 to 80 percent healed. But if the lockout goes into effect, he can no longer work with team trainers at the facility.

Just curious. While I am reading this I am thinking about the logistics of it. Wouldn't this constitute a violation of workman's comp? The player is no longer allowed to rehab from an injury suffered on the job.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0216-20110215,0,352914.column

Just curious. While I am reading this I am thinking about the logistics of it. Wouldn't this constitute a violation of workman's comp? The player is no longer allowed to rehab from an injury suffered on the job.

If the lockout goes into effect, he's not an employee and isn't subject to/protected by workers' comp.

I don't know about Maryland-specific laws for workers' comp, but the basic rights are that one is owed medical dues, payment for time missed, and a permanency settlement.

Also, it's not as if they aren't allowing him to rehab. He just simply can't do it at their facility with their trainers. They might still even pay for him to rehab elsewhere.

In my case, as long as it wasnt done on UPS property, I could be treated, I was fortunate to do all my rehab at Md General when we went on strike, loved it, got therapy and treatment, grabbed 12 and hit the picket lines!!

I was still paid and I was still treated while we were on strike..

Edited by cravnravn

Also keep in mind, that while yes they are a Union, they make their own rules..They are not like your typical hardworking Teamster,

Workmens Comp doesn't effect the NFL at all, they get their contract if they play or get injured, they dont get it, if they get cut..And if they get cut while injured, the cutting team has to compensate them with an injury settlement.