ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco vs Ryan

cravnravn

I do agree that Matt Ryan is the better QB, however I do not think Atlanta is much better off than us going forward into the future. You can tell an analyst has never watched a Ravens game when they continually say we have an aging defense and that our window is closing. Outside of Ed and Ray, the defense is young. The offense is very young and we are really one speed receiver and a healthy offensive tackle away from being great (and possibly an offensive coordinator :biggrin: ). Our window is very much open, especially considering that Brady and Manning are aging. Look at the Falcons on offense, Tony Gonzalez is old, Roddy White is turning 30 this year and speed is a huge part of his game, and Michael Turner is going to be a 29-year old power back. Pretty soon Matt Ryan is going to be the only one on that offense. The Falcons best defensive player is on the wrong side of 30 as well (Abraham).

Statistically speaking, Ryan is not better than Flacco, their numbers are eerie similiar. I agree we are one burner WR away.

I feel Ryan has a more natural feel for the game and more poised in the pocket than Flacco. Ryan is very Brady-esq in his drop back, reading the field, and delivery. In all fairness to Joe, Ryan has a lot more freedom with his offense is allowed to go into a more uptempoed pace when he wishes. It is debatable, but I believe Joe would thrive if he was given such freedom. However, at this point Ryan is probably a little more advanced than Joe. One thing to consider is that Ryan's competition is a lot easier than Joe's, as the analysts pointed out.

I'd like to see how Matty Ice would fare in the AFC, getting pounded each week by the likes of us & Pittsburgh & even the Bengals D...

Good point Crav ! BTW - I agree with Cleetz that Ryan appears more natural and at ease in the pocket. However, I do wonder how he would hold up aginst the AFCN 2x year.

.... Look at the Falcons on offense, Tony Gonzalez is old, Roddy White is turning 30 this year and speed is a huge part of his game, and Michael Turner is going to be a 29-year old power back. Pretty soon Matt Ryan is going to be the only one on that offense. The Falcons best defensive player is on the wrong side of 30 as well (Abraham).

So the playing field will even up since Joe has old guys in Mason, Heap, TJ, Stallworth and Bouldin.

So the playing field will even up since Joe has old guys in Mason, Heap, TJ, Stallworth and Bouldin.

My point is that Joe is putting up similiar numbers to Ryan now with less speed to work with on offense. Also, we have Ray Rice and I would like to think that our offensive line is in better shape for the long-term than Atlanta's is.