ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Possible or Probable?

vmax

The news on Kindles recovery keeps sounding better and better. Ozzie said this tonight...

Well, Sergio has made a lot of progress from the time he fell down the stairs," Newsome said tonight during a conference call with season ticket holders. "Right now, it's still in medical hands. We are very optimistic that there may be an opportunity for him to get back on the field. When will that happen? We're not sure. We're very optimistic that Sergio will get back on the field at some point."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-ozzie-newsome-optimisic-that-sergio-kindle-will-play-again/article_dee19226-76a6-11e0-a6f3-001cc4c03286.html

I'm beginning to see a 2011 Ravensa defense with Kindle starting opposite Suggs, Jimmy Smith as the starting corner and Foxworth at the other corner. Looks like the nickle and dime packages will be very good. I'm calling this "probable".

Throwing against that won't be easy.

Ozzie also said Torrey Smith will be the #3 receiver.

He also said "It's Joe's offense."

Cam was heard saying "Thank you Sir! May I have another!?!"

Who's our starting safety going into the season?

I see Zibby and Nakamura battling it out for the spot next to Reed. Unpronouncable Mis-spelled First Name Brown would be a great player there too but I see his immediate future as a corner/nickle back.

I also think Cody will be a force in thne middle with Ngata.

You can get a glimpse of where this team is evolving too in the future. They are getting younger while maintaining the talent level.

“I think he’s more than ready to do it,” Newsome said of Flacco. “As we move forward this year, this will become Joe’s offense. It won’t be Cam’s offense, it will be Joe’s offense.”

Newsome continued: “Cam may call the plays, but I think Joe’s going to have more of an opportunity to change some things. This has to be Joe’s offense.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/05/04/newsome-it-wont-be-cams-offense-it-will-be-joes/

IMO...."IF" Joe takes this step then the sky's the limit. Big IF.

Lock out and all...it's a level playing field for all the teams.

Edited by vmax

Doesn't it seem like Nakamura makes more "big plays" at safety than Tom Z? Hopefully Reed can stay on the field so we don't have to use both guys.

I also wonder if any of the guys we have at CB could transition to safety in a pinch... (Webb?)

Webb has good speed and hands for safety, but not sure he has the thump to play safety. Zibbs and Nakki can make those solid tackles on the backs and TE's. Not sure Webb could consistently do that. In a pinch for a week or two I'm sure he'd work, he's a team player. I'd be interested to see how Carr would play at Safety. That guy has made some solid tackles.....but never on the big TE's or RB's that I can think of.....so again, for me the jury is still out. Chykie did play safety in college, it'd be interesting to see how he plays.

What NEXT step, Bazooka has just as good numbers as Matt Ryan, yet I dont hear the pundits saying Matt needs to take the "next" step..

Bazooka Joe is fine, hell he's ahead of the curve.

This is what I'm talking about!...

He might just be a homer, but Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome has a hunch that defensive tackle Terrence “Mount” Cody is going to have a breakout campaign in 2011. When asked to pinpoint a young player poised to take a big next step, the University of Alabama legend was quick to name a player from his alma mater.

“I’m going to take the Alabama guy, I’m going to go with Cody,” Newsome said Wednesday night on a conference call with Ravens season-ticket holders. “Cody’s going to have a great year this year. So if someone is going to step up – he also appreciates playing next to Haloti Ngata – so I would say Terrence Cody.”

The 349-pound nose tackle had one of the Ravens’ biggest plays of the playoffs when he chased down speedy running back Jamaal Charles from behind and stripped him of the ball while belly-flopping on top of him.

The Chiefs were leading, 7-3, at the time and Charles had carried the ball seven times for 87 yards, including a 41-yard touchdown. Charles rushed just two times in the second half for a combined -5 yards following Cody’s hit.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/05/06/ozs-2011-breakout-player-terrence-cody/

What NEXT step, Bazooka has just as good numbers as Matt Ryan, yet I dont hear the pundits saying Matt needs to take the "next" step..

Bazooka Joe is fine, hell he's ahead of the curve.

This next step crav...

"I think he's more than ready to do it," Newsome said during a conference call with season ticket holders. "As we move forward this year, this will become Joe's offense. It won't be Cam's offense, it will be Joe's offense.

"Cam may call the plays, but I think Joe's going to have more of an opportunity to change some things. This has to be Joe's offense."

We've seen him do it," Newsome said. "What he has to do after three years is take ownership of the offense. That's where Joe Flacco has to get to. I think he's more than ready to do it. "What he has to do now, after three years, is take the ownership of the offense.

"I've been in the huddle with some great quarterbacks. And all of the great ones, they take ownership of the offense. It's their offense. Right now, that's where Joe Flacco has to get to in order for him to take it to the next step."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/local/ravens-notebook-ozzie-newsome-on-flacco-this-has-to-be/article_1e55d9e8-77cf-11e0-80d0-001cc4c002e0.html