ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Sky Has Fallen

Max,

The sky has officially fallen. Worst in the majors in batting and pitching (maybe not statistically but might as well be).

I cant see any real difference between this year and last years squad.

Thank God football season is only 3 + months away. Wait, there on strike ! Damn !

Hey Va, keep your chin up, even though they are in a funk, they are only 5 1/2 out of first..They put together a little 8 game streak, they'll be right back in it.

Crav,

Tough to do dude ! Someone has to explain why/how in the world we took this game to xtra innings. Case in point: After taking lead in the 8th, following AJones single, we have 2 on - 1st and 2nd - and nobody out, and Weiters up to the plate. Instead of moving (bunting) the runners over, Weiters fails to bunt and fouls out to to left. Then Reynolds, as is his custom, naturally ends the 8th with a DP. Instead of snagging an insurance run - which would have been critical in the 9th - we take a slim 1 run lead into the 9th.

A similar situation occured in the 12th. Jones and Pie on 1st and 2nd, no outs, and Weiters up. He flies out, Reynolds strikes out, Hardy gets in field single, then Roberts goes down. Another wasted opportunity.

Can Weiters not bunt at all ? Unless not, I highly question these moves by Showalter and am starting to see him as more of the same we've seen in the past 15 years.

LIke I said, football is just around the corner :gorave:

Crav,

Tough to do dude ! Someone has to explain why/how in the world we took this game to xtra innings. Case in point: After taking lead in the 8th, following AJones single, we have 2 on - 1st and 2nd - and nobody out, and Weiters up to the plate. Instead of moving (bunting) the runners over, Weiters fails to bunt and fouls out to to left. Then Reynolds, as is his custom, naturally ends the 8th with a DP. Instead of snagging an insurance run - which would have been critical in the 9th - we take a slim 1 run lead into the 9th.

A similar situation occured in the 12th. Jones and Pie on 1st and 2nd, no outs, and Weiters up. He flies out, Reynolds strikes out, Hardy gets in field single, then Roberts goes down. Another wasted opportunity.

Can Weiters not bunt at all ? Unless not, I highly question these moves by Showalter and am starting to see him as more of the same we've seen in the past 15 years.

LIke I said, football is just around the corner :gorave:

Dont forget sending the runner home in the 9th when he no chance of making it. But hey, they won and stopped their losing streak. I'll take it.

And really while they have been tremendously frustrating at times, I do think they are much better than last year. So far at least. I think they were 10-24 this time last year.