ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I Agree with Joe on This

oldno82

I'm stating the obvious here, but being aggressive will only work if Flacco improves his play in the clutch. They were being aggressive by trying to throw the ball when Polamalu stripped Flacco late in the 4th quarter. They were also being aggressive when Flacco over threw Heap and was intercepted in the playoffs during that Ravens 2nd half meltdown in Pittsburgh. These plays didn't work because Flacco couldn't step up and make the plays when the pressure was on. If you can't throw an accurate deep ball or spot a blitzing safety when the game is on the line, then being more aggressive will only lead to more turnovers.

I think we need to not relax as much and just go out there and be aggressive for a full 60 minutes,” Flacco said.

So they were doing what all the fans said they were....going to sleep...going thrrough the motions of playing but not playing hard passionate football.

Paycheck stealing.

And Cam let them.

Argree with you OTR. Especially in the playoffs where Joe has had only 1 good game.

I'm stating the obvious here, but being aggressive will only work if Flacco improves his play in the clutch. They were being aggressive by trying to throw the ball when Polamalu stripped Flacco late in the 4th quarter. They were also being aggressive when Flacco over threw Heap and was intercepted in the playoffs during that Ravens 2nd half meltdown in Pittsburgh. These plays didn't work because Flacco couldn't step up and make the plays when the pressure was on. If you can't throw an accurate deep ball or spot a blitzing safety when the game is on the line, then being more aggressive will only lead to more turnovers.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate, so I kinda half agree here. Flacco was also not allowed to audible last year and cited in many articles since the season ended. As many opponents have stated, they knew what the Ravens were coming with. I think those types of plays by Flacco will absolutely be limited as he will not be forced to run a play where the defense is stacked against him.

So they were doing what all the fans said they were....going to sleep...going thrrough the motions of playing but not playing hard passionate football.

Paycheck stealing.

And Cam let them.

Argree with you OTR. Especially in the playoffs where Joe has had only 1 good game.

Its so hard to separate what Cam calls and how Joe operates. I tend to believe the problem is more Cam's playcalling than Flacco's execution. Also, let's not forget that in the playoffs you would expect your passing stats to drop off from the regular season because the opponents are the cream of the crop.