ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Agree to Terms with Yanda

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/07/26/ravens-agree-to-terms-with-yanda/

T

he Ravens have quickly scooped one of their top unrestricted free agents off the open market.

Baltimore has agreed to terms on a multi-year deal with guard/tackle Marshal Yanda, Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome confirmed Tuesday evening.

The Ravens can officially sign Yanda to a contract at Friday’s 6 p.m. free agency deadline.

“We got Marshall Yanda! That’s great news,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said.

Should be interesting to see how much this cost. Rumor is he turned down 6.5 mil a year and wanted 8! :ohmy:

Guest BallTMore

I like Yanda a lot, but for 8 mil (Speculation at this point, could be much less)? For a guard?

Anyway, it's not my money. Glad to have him back!

The Sun is slow as shit...they forgot how to report during the lockout.

Then again...the O's also put them to sleep.

Yanda is huge. I thought the Indigenous Persons would offer him a cartload of money. Maybe they did, but it probably wasn't enough to waste his prime in suffering.

This is a nice, early pre-emptive strike.

Ozzie is getting ready.

He ain't done.

I like Yanda a lot, but for 8 mil (Speculation at this point, could be much less)? For a guard?

Anyway, it's not my money. Glad to have him back!

Well, I admittedly don't have a feel for what guards make and I have a hard time wrapping my head around what's value anyway when it comes to football contracts (baseball contracts are so much easier). I know Yanda's ability to step in at tackle is a huge plus and after Oher, I got the sense he was our most important lineman last year...even more-so than Grubbs.

5 for 32 is pretty good value seeing as how the top guard Evans on the Saints makes 8 Mil a year and Doug Free just got the same from Dallas. I'm still hoping we can resign Gaither for cheap as insurance at RT because I'd rather see Yanda at RG.