ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Camp Flavor

vmax

Well...we can't be there so the media has to be out eyes and ears.

This of course means having to 'use their stuff' :)..so we have stuff to talk about.

Here's some tweets from today from the Ravens website...

Boldin on stepping up in Mason's absence: "I know why they brought me here. I don't shy away from that."

Billy Cundiff was on fire today. Hit from 42 and 46 yards, then nailed one that looked longer than that (didn't get exact distance)

Doss had by far the catch of the day (maybe of camp so far). He hauled in a one-handed fingertip catch in the end zone. He's got great hands

CB Lardarius Webb had a BIG hit on TE Dennis Pitta. Webb apologized to Pitta and Cam Cameron yelled "Don't apologize! That's what we want!"

http://twitter.com/#!/1WinningDrive

1061496841.jpgLet's read what our good friend Mike Preston saw today...

Rookie cornerback Jimmy Smith, the team's top draft pick, had ice placed on his left groin late in the afternoon practice. Smith apparently suffered the injury after he got beaten over the middle by receiver LaQuan Williams (Maryland). Smith has stood out so far in practices and is extremely physical. He can run with any receiver but doesn't always finish plays once he gets beaten. That may have worked at Colorado, but it won't work in the NFL.

Outside linebacker Sergio Kindle is bringing a lot of energy to the defense. He has exceptional quickness, and is relentless as far as pursuit. Kindle isn't strong enough to bull rush offensive linemen, but he has quick hands and a burst to match his hand speed.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/08/offense_struggles_early.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Ravens+Insider%29

On Tory Smith...

Smith, who runs a 4.4 40-yard dash, said adjusting to the speed of the NFL hasn’t been a problem for him.

“I can run past them,” he said. “I just have to believe in my technique. And as far as speed goes, luckily for me, I got good little bursts. So, I’m able to get separation – even with the best.”

I was excited about Pitta last year but didn't seem to show much then. I'm rooting for him this year too. I hope he gels in his second year,with more playing time in the preseason and regular season.Tandon Doss and Jah Reed are the 2 players for this season as well. I kinda expect the Smiths to do well. It looks like this years Ravens will be younger and faster.

I was excited about Pitta last year but didn't seem to show much then. I'm rooting for him this year too. I hope he gels in his second year,with more playing time in the preseason and regular season.Tandon Doss and Jah Reed are the 2 players for this season as well. I kinda expect the Smiths to do well. It looks like this years Ravens will be younger and faster.

Hey!

The 2000 Ravens won a Super Bowl with McAlister, Stokely and Mulitalo in their 2nd year and Starks in his 3rd. Jamal Lewis was a rookie.