ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe Flacco

cravnravn

Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco appeared on "The Scott Van Pelt Show" on Wednesday, and he talked about a bunch of things with fill-in host Doug Gottlieb, including January's playoff loss to the Steelers, the additions of Lee Evans and Ricky Williams and even the improper benefits scandal down at Miami.

But Flacco's assessment of where he thinks he stands in the pantheon of NFL quarterbacks will surely get everyone worked up around here if the message boards and talk radio phone lines aren't already on fire.

This week, Giants quarterback Eli Manning caused a stir when he said that he thinks he’s a top-five NFL signal-caller. So when asked by Gottlieb if he considers himself to be a top-five guy, Flacco said that he does.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-joe-flacco-top-five-quarterback0818,0,7685631.story

Joe-Flacco2_0.jpg

It's nice to hear Flacco embracing a leadership role and having confidence in himself. The guy wins games and makes great throws. Most importantly he doesn't make alot of bad throws either. I'm expecting a great year from him. If he wants to be top 5 he needs to start by beating Pitt with Big Jen. Then, he needs to propel us to playoffs with a 4,000 yd season. Finally, obviously, he needs to carry us to the Super Bowl. I think he's more than capable.

Each year Joe has really progressed:

2008 2941 yards 14td's 12int's

2009 3613 yards 21tds 12 int's

2010 3622 yards 25 td's 10 int's

That 4000 yard plateau is definately in reach this year, it'll be nice to see him hit 4000, 30 td's and single digit int's.

Each year Joe has really progressed:

2008 2941 yards 14td's 12int's

2009 3613 yards 21tds 12 int's

2010 3622 yards 25 td's 10 int's

That 4000 yard plateau is definately in reach this year, it'll be nice to see him hit 4000, 30 td's and single digit int's.

I agree Crav! I'll even take 15 int's if he's slinging the ball for TDs. Manning and Favre both always threw alot of int's and they've both won SBs. Big Jen too. With Flacco being able to audible, and having a legit deep threat, there's no reason to think he shouldn't improve.

Well....except for the offensive line lol.

The O-line looks like it's going to be a project again so Flacco has to improve his pocket presence/awareness. He still looks a little clumsy when the pressure mounts. Did anyone watch Pittsburgh-Philly yesterday? The Steelers O-line looked worse than ours and yet Big Ben and even the big statue Byron Leftwich were able to throw 3 TD's on them (before I went to bed in disgust). It wasn't just a matter of getting rid of the ball quickly either. Both QB's moved well in the pocket while keeping their eyes downfield.

Re: Flacco's attitude - I love it. I'm one of the people that used to worry he was too passive, too quiet, or too lackadaisical to be a leader, but last year he starting taking steps towards being more of that "Field General" everyone wants in a QB. I think it was during MNF against the Texans when we saw him jawing at Housh to get in formation. I was geeking out - it was great.

The O-line looks like it's going to be a project again so Flacco has to improve his pocket presence/awareness. He still looks a little clumsy when the pressure mounts. Did anyone watch Pittsburgh-Philly yesterday? The Steelers O-line looked worse than ours and yet Big Ben and even the big statue Byron Leftwich were able to throw 3 TD's on them (before I went to bed in disgust). It wasn't just a matter of getting rid of the ball quickly either. Both QB's moved well in the pocket while keeping their eyes downfield.

Re: Flacco's attitude - I love it. I'm one of the people that used to worry he was too passive, too quiet, or too lackadaisical to be a leader, but last year he starting taking steps towards being more of that "Field General" everyone wants in a QB. I think it was during MNF against the Texans when we saw him jawing at Housh to get in formation. I was geeking out - it was great.

I've been and continue to be a Flacco defender but he hasn't showed top 5 talent in the first 2 games. Maybe he will by Sep 11.

He'd better or else it will be a long season.