ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LaQuan makes the team.

vmax

Got the opportunity to live out my dream. Made the 53 man roster. Phase 1 complete now time to take my game to the next level. #RAVENSNATION,” Williams tweeted.

It’s not a surprise.

Williams hauled in four passes for 84 yards over the four exhibition games, but he really showed up on special teams, where he was voted a Terrapins captain as a senior.

Williams averaged 35.5 yards on two punt returns and 30.5 yards on kickoff returns.

In addition, Williams logged a solid special teams tackle last week against the Atlanta Falcons.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/09/03/wr-williams-makes-the-team/

I hear Burgess and Gooden were cut.

n addition to Parmele, reports from Aaron Wilson of Scout.com have surfaced that linebackers Prescott Burgess and Tavares Gooden; defensive tackles Derek Simmons and Lamar Divens; running back Damien Berry; wideout Brandon Jones; tight ends Johdrick Morris and Davon Drew; and rookie offensive linemen Justin Boren and Tim Barnes were released.

Wilson reported that the Ravens were looking to trade Gooden, a fourth-year linebacker, and talked to the San Francisco 49ers, but those negotiations fell through.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/09/03/parmele-tweets-his-release/

Hand in hand with LaQuan making the team, Aaron Wilson says teammates are confirming a Marcus smith cut.

Also, it looks like there is a chance Burgess may be retained.

Aaron Wilson

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

Immediate thought on Ravens' meeting with LB Prescott Burgess, perhaps they are rethinking decision and could retain him.

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Aaron Wilson

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

Ravens told Prescott Burgess he would be cut. Then, try to retain LB Tavares Gooden fell through. Now, team wants to meet with Burgess.

6 minutes ago

Yea, there is also a discrepancy on Gooden. If they wanted to retain him just to trade him then why waive Burgess in the first place?

Ok, now I see what happened. They wanted to retain Gooden for a lower cap figure. He did not want to take a cut so they tried to trade him. After finding no takers, they cut him and are looking at Burgess again.

From Jamison's twitter

Chykie Brown is a bit of a surprise. Are we carrying 6 Corners? Smith, Williams, Carr, Fox, Webb and Brown. Or is Fox getting cut?

I heard Brown had a bad camp...must have been the wrong information because the Ravens liked him enough to keep him. Maybe the Atlanta game tipped the scales.

Yea...been hearing a lot of cutting/restructuring rumors on Foxworth. Definately can't put him on the field as slow as he is right now.

IR him?

I heard Brown had a bad camp...must have been the wrong information because the Ravens liked him enough to keep him. Maybe the Atlanta game tipped the scales.

Yea...been hearing a lot of cutting/restructuring rumors on Foxworth. Definately can't put him on the field as slow as he is right now.

IR him?

I guess it depends on when they think he can come back. If they think they can get him back midseason then they can do what they did to Ed reed last year (pup?)