ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

News from Harbs

papasmurfbell

Guest BallTMore

Sounds good. :mello:

Evans needs to take a week or two off. He can't cut and he can't burn past anyone right now.

Also, Torrey Smith needs to figure this game out, we really need him to step up. And when he does get open, Joes needs to throw him the damn ball.

Oh yeah, it's time for Tanden Doss to dress for a game, John.

Found this....

But of all the injuries, Eisenberg said the most upsetting scene in the locker room was receiver Lee Evans.

“The most startling thing I saw was Lee Evans with his injured foot in a huge bucket of ice,” Eisenberg explained in the video below. “And so I said to him, ‘Lee, this had to affect you today.’ And he said, ‘Absolutely it affected me today. It’s not an excuse; nothing I could do, but yeah, it’s impacting me.’”

“And this was really a game where both teams stopped the running game of the other team. It came down to the passing games. Tennessee flourished and Baltimore didn’t. And there’s Baltimore’s deep threat with his foot in a bucket of ice.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/09/19/late-for-work-919-schefter-ngata-extension-unlikely/

More from Harbaugh...

Regarding tackle Michael Oher’s penchant for false-start penalties (he had eight last season and two more Sunday), Harbaugh told reporters, “You’re not making too much of it. There’s no reason for it. It doesn’t make sense.”

Harbaugh continued: “There’s no quicker offensive tackle in football (than Oher). He doesn’t have to beat the snap count. That’s got to stop. We’ve said it before. My advice to Michael is just slow down, just slow down with your first step. When the ball is snapped, you’ll set, and no one is running around you. They’re not going to run around you. You’re too quick. That’s something we’ve got to get done.”

Harbaugh also said he might have to sit a pair of veterans, receiver Lee Evans and cornerback Domonique Foxworth, because their performances are being affected by injuries.

Foxworth is coming back from an ACL tear that caused him to miss all of last season, and Evans has dealt with an unspecified ankle injury that occurred shortly after he joined the Ravens in August. He caught two passes Sunday but had his foot in an ice bucket after the game.

“It’s affecting him, no doubt about it. It’s affecting him,” Harbaugh said of Evans. “We’re going to have to take a hard look at that. To me, if he can do the things we need him to, he’ll play. If he can’t, he won’t play. Its as simple as that. We’ve been dealing with this thing for a month. I don’t see it getting a lot better. Either he can play like we need him to or we can’t.

“Same goes for Domonique Foxworth. Either he can play or he can’t. It’s no fault of theirs, these guys are injured, they’re gutting it out. But it might be they’re going to have to sit for awhile and get healthy. We’ll have to see how it goes this week.”

Regarding Foxworth, who was beaten on a touchdown pass Sunday, Harbaugh said the cornerback was dealing with technique problems “but that might be because of the knee. It’s definitely showing up in the way he’s playing. He’s playing very, very conservatively. We all know he’s got to get that (knee) right.”

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/09/19/11/Harbaugh-draws-the-line-after-loss/landing.html?blockID=565042&feedID=6705

More from Harbaugh...

Regarding tackle Michael Oher’s penchant for false-start penalties (he had eight last season and two more Sunday), Harbaugh told reporters, “You’re not making too much of it. There’s no reason for it. It doesn’t make sense.”

Harbaugh continued: “There’s no quicker offensive tackle in football (than Oher). He doesn’t have to beat the snap count. That’s got to stop. We’ve said it before. My advice to Michael is just slow down, just slow down with your first step. When the ball is snapped, you’ll set, and no one is running around you. They’re not going to run around you. You’re too quick. That’s something we’ve got to get done.”

Wow..it's a big deal for Harbaugh to call out a player like that. He usually protects his guys, even if it makes him seem oblivious to the problem.

I'm sure he's getting frustrated with Oher because there's simply no rhyme or reason to the false start penalty. I feel his frustration there.

Evans should have been sitting, that much was clear.

Oh well hindsight is always 20/20, let's just learn from the past and move forward. We need Evans and Fox healthy, let's sit em and get em healthy. We need to improvise the best way in can in the meantime.