ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray said it on America,s Game 2000 Superbowl

borntodiebalmerfan

I watched the Ravens 2000 superbowl episode of America's Game on the NFL network yesterday instead of a no defense Pro Bowl. RayLewis said something about that 2000 team that made myhair stand on the back of my neck thinking about next year.He said it seemed like that whole season the team was just plain pissed off at anything and everything and they played like that all year. I am 100% sure that as pissed off as I am, those guys are many many times more pissed off about how the season ended. That emotion may be what was missing this year and that is why this team did not have that cold blooded mentality to finish off teams. Perhaps this loss will instill that drive to put teams totally down in the ground when they get leads and not let teams crawl back into games or hang around untill the end. Teams that finish teams off have better road records then what the Ravens ended up with and one more road win in the season would have won home field all the way.

I watched the Ravens 2000 superbowl episode of America's Game on the NFL network yesterday instead of a no defense Pro Bowl. RayLewis said something about that 2000 team that made myhair stand on the back of my neck thinking about next year.He said it seemed like that whole season the team was just plain pissed off at anything and everything and they played like that all year. I am 100% sure that as pissed off as I am, those guys are many many times more pissed off about how the season ended. That emotion may be what was missing this year and that is why this team did not have that cold blooded mentality to finish off teams. Perhaps this loss will instill that drive to put teams totally down in the ground when they get leads and not let teams crawl back into games or hang around untill the end. Teams that finish teams off have better road records then what the Ravens ended up with and one more road win in the season would have won home field all the way.

I think they were pissed this year because they blew a 14 point lead to the Steelers in the playoffs last year. They could come out next year and use this loss as fuel just as they did with the Pittsburgh loss last season, or they could just as easilty be demoralized after blowing great opportunities in two consecutive years. This is what I'm afraid of - I have to think at some point you stop getting pissed and you start losing confidence. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.