ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The rumors are flying already!

Ravenmaniac52

Just a bit more of the rumor I've found ....

-- Ravens Eyeing Boldin? --

The Baltimore Sun reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin will likely draw interest from the Ravens as well as a handful of other teams this offseason if the Cardinals are willing to deal him. Boldin has publicly expressed his unhappiness with the Cardinals - from fuming about his contract during the summer to arguing with OC Todd Haley on the sideline during the NFC championship game - and might be on the trading block after Sunday's game with the Pittsburgh Steelers. "At this point, we're going to evaluate where we are with Anquan after the season," Cardinals GM Rod Graves said yesterday. "We still consider him a core member of our football team. We'll tackle those issues with him in a meeting with him after the season."

Just a bit more of the rumor I've found ....

-- Ravens Eyeing Boldin? --

The Baltimore Sun reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin will likely draw interest from the Ravens as well as a handful of other teams this offseason if the Cardinals are willing to deal him. Boldin has publicly expressed his unhappiness with the Cardinals - from fuming about his contract during the summer to arguing with OC Todd Haley on the sideline during the NFC championship game - and might be on the trading block after Sunday's game with the Pittsburgh Steelers. "At this point, we're going to evaluate where we are with Anquan after the season," Cardinals GM Rod Graves said yesterday. "We still consider him a core member of our football team. We'll tackle those issues with him in a meeting with him after the season."

I don't think we'll actually make an offer for him, but it would be nice. Anquan Boldin reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,7216134.column

Trade for Boldin? Anquan Boldin is unhappy with his contract and has some issues with how the Cardinals are using him. He is a second fiddle in the desert, but would be playing lead guitar in most bands.

But that doesn't mean your favorite receiver- depleted team soon will be acquiring him in a trade.

Boldin has two more years left on his contract, and the Cardinals have no intention of trading him or even testing the market for him.

"We've often talked about building this team under a core philosophy," Cardinals general manager Rod Graves said. "How could you have a core and not include Anquan Boldin?"

Graves wouldn't go so far as to say the Cardinals would not listen to trade offers for Boldin or any player. But to give up Boldin, a suitor would have to come calling with "a very rich proposition."

Fitzgerald says he’d pitch in to keep Boldin

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhTS...p&type=lgns

TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—Larry Fitzgerald would look at restructuring his contract if it would help keep fellow Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin on the team.

“Someone asked me a question if I would be willing to do something to help the team, and I said, `No problem,’ ” Fitzgerald said Wednesday. “This opportunity right here to be playing deep in the postseason, this is an amazing feeling. I’ll do whatever it takes to get back to this point going forward in my career.”

I wouldn't have any problem with Bryant, but he's going to cost way too much for what we'll get.

You are right, the Bucs have $45 million in cap space, and they really want him back. I just hope Spear is right, and Bryant realizes that he could be a primary receiver on a team one win away from the Super Bowl with an emerging quarterback. This blogger from the St. Petersburg Times says the same thing:

But before you go out and stock up on No. 89 jerseys, here's something to consider. Bryant's services will be in demand if he makes it to free agency, and rest assured he knows it. Curiosity will certainly give him reason to pause before agreeing to terms with the Bucs, making a deal no slam dunk. And, if I'm Bryant, I'd like to have some idea of who my quarterback was going to be before I commit, assuming all things are equal in terms of outside offers.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/01/bucs-working-to.html