ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The rumors are flying already!

Ravenmaniac52

-- Ravens Could Trade for Anquan Boldin --

The Carroll County Times reports the only potential blockbuster move the Ravens could make is possibly trading for Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin. Boldin is under contract through 2010 and is disgruntled because he wants a new contract. He also got in a nasty argument with OC Todd Haley during the NFC title game.

Guest BallTMore

I like Bolden as a receiver. However, I'm not too fond of his whining. His team just made it to the Super Bowl and he's worried about how many catches he had? Bad attitude.

I like Bolden as a receiver. However, I'm not too fond of his whining. His team just made it to the Super Bowl and he's worried about how many catches he had? Bad attitude.

He's really not. I can't find it right now, but his arguing is legitimate, and he's trying his hardest not to take from the team.

For what it's worth, Warner had been clearly arguing with Haley earlier in that game, yet that wasn't mentioned.

Bad attitude!...........Didn't this guy have freakin face off surgury to get back on the field as soon as possible??? Or was that Fitz???

If I'm wrong........my bad lol!

No, you're right. It was Boldin. I've heard that he has good character... he was removed from the game without explanation, and he wanted to know why. He's a competitor... I'm sure many of us would've done the same in that game-time situation.

His coaches thought he was playing hurt...he says he felt fine. Not a big deal.

LOL! You guys are jumping from 0 to 100mph.

It says..."The Carroll County Times reports the only potential blockbuster move the Ravens could make is possibly trading for Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin....that statement carries no wieght...it's just conjecture.

It's saying "The only way we can figure on the Ravens getting a solid #1 WR is to make a trade with the Cardnals."

Or...

[insert name of any NFL team here]___________________Could Trade for Anquan Boldin.

Now...I'm not saying this couldn't happen. Where do the Ravens pick? 26th?

I'd give that plus a 3rd or 4th for Bouldin.

It took 10 years to get a QB....still looking for the receiver... and it could be another 10 before they draft a legit #1 WR.

LOL! You guys are jumping from 0 to 100mph.

It says..."The Carroll County Times reports the only potential blockbuster move the Ravens could make is possibly trading for Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin....that statement carries no wieght...it's just conjecture.

It's saying "The only way we can figure on the Ravens getting a solid #1 WR is to make a trade with the Cardnals."

Or...

[insert name of any NFL team here]___________________Could Trade for Anquan Boldin.

Now...I'm not saying this couldn't happen. Where do the Ravens pick? 26th?

I'd give that plus a 3rd or 4th for Bouldin.

It took 10 years to get a QB....still looking for the receiver... and it could be another 10 before they draft a legit #1 WR.

Copy and paste that into what I wanted to say!

How can we give up Suggs if he isn't under contract? We're going to sign a guy like Suggs just to trade him?

Also, my understanding is that while Boldin has had some issues with his coordinator and coaches, his fellow players love him. Now, that might sound familiar with a lot of people (McAlister, for one), but still worth considering.

I would love to have Boldin. Not sure what I would pay for him, though.

I don't know why everyone is jumping on swapping Suggs. How about CMac, who we are already considering cutting and who is already under contract?

How can we give up Suggs if he isn't under contract? We're going to sign a guy like Suggs just to trade him?

I believe we are allowed to franchise Suggs again. The Chiefs franchised Jared Allen and then traded him for a very nice haul. If we could get such a deal for Suggs, we would have to strongly consider it. Speaking of the franchise tag, think there is a chance we use it on Jay Brown? I am not sure what the top five center salary is, but I don't think it is nearly as high as the guard position. Brown is probably going to be in high demand. He is very young with lots of experience, has been very productive, and has Pro-Bowl talent.

I believe we are allowed to franchise Suggs again. The Chiefs franchised Jared Allen and then traded him for a very nice haul. If we could get such a deal for Suggs, we would have to strongly consider it. Speaking of the franchise tag, think there is a chance we use it on Jay Brown? I am not sure what the top five center salary is, but I don't think it is nearly as high as the guard position. Brown is probably going to be in high demand. He is very young with lots of experience, has been very productive, and has Pro-Bowl talent.

Brown is one of the guys who has gone on record as saying he wants to return... I wouldn't waste the franchise on him. Resign him, and franchise Suggs if you have to. Yes we can.

Brown is one of the guys who has gone on record as saying he wants to return... I wouldn't waste the franchise on him. Resign him, and franchise Suggs if you have to. Yes we can.

You are right. Brown wants to come back, and Brown is one of those guys where we probably would match any offer he gets, he is worth it. I guess it would be wasting the franchise tag. Definitely tag Suggs again.

Sure, we can franchise Suggs and then trade him... but that just seems silly to me. It's a manipulation of the system in my mind and an insult to the player.

"You aren't worth signing long-term... but we don't want to let you go... so we are going to use a special NFL rule that no other league has to show you how much we love you... we are going to force you into a contract that may actually be below your market value, and then trade you for something we'd rather have."

It's just not an Ozzie move.

I'd much rather see us move CMac, draft picks, some of our young depth at LB... or any combination of those items... than shaft Suggs like that.

Sure, we can franchise Suggs and then trade him... but that just seems silly to me. It's a manipulation of the system in my mind and an insult to the player.

"You aren't worth signing long-term... but we don't want to let you go... so we are going to use a special NFL rule that no other league has to show you how much we love you... we are going to force you into a contract that may actually be below your market value, and then trade you for something we'd rather have."

It's just not an Ozzie move.

I'd much rather see us move CMac, draft picks, some of our young depth at LB... or any combination of those items... than shaft Suggs like that.

It doesn't matter much if you are trading the guy. So you are telling me that you are more worried about hurting a player's feeling than receiving a first round pick and two thirds (what the Chiefs got for Allen)? No on either side is crying in the Allen trade. Allen got his longterm deal, the Vikings got the player, and the Chiefs got the pick. It is hardly a manipulation of the system, it is protecting and compensating yourself against losing one of your Pro Bowl players.

It doesn't matter much if you are trading the guy. So you are telling me that you are more worried about hurting a player's feeling than receiving a first round pick and two thirds (what the Chiefs got for Allen)? No on either side is crying in the Allen trade. Allen got his longterm deal, the Vikings got the player, and the Chiefs got the pick. It is hardly a manipulation of the system, it is protecting and compensating yourself against losing one of your Pro Bowl players.

Especially considering that no team would go for a trade like that without knowing that they can sign the player to a deal. Therefore, the player is all but guaranteed his money and security, too.

And Suggs would love to go back to Arizona...he played college ball at AZ state

We dont want to lose Suggs. I'd be OK with losing Cmac or even B Scott for Boldin, but not Suggs.

Our LB corps is aging and we need to keep Suggs, JJ and Ray for 09. Hopefully, McClain, Burgess, Gooden will fill in well for Scott. Can afford to let 2 LBs walk !