ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Edwards Out, Shanahan In for Chiefs

ForceEight

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was fired Friday. And former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan may be in line to replace him.

Edwards was 15-34 in three seasons with the Chiefs, including 2-14 this season. He had one year remaining on his original four-year, $12 million contract.

"On behalf of my family, I want to thank Herm for his service to the Chiefs," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in a team statement. "After careful deliberation over the last week, Scott and I decided that it was in the best interests of the Chiefs to move forward in a different direction.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917

I think Herm won only 6 games in the last two years...time to go. He escaped the axe in New York but it finally caught up with him. He's not a good HC...great guy, but he'll make a better co-ordinator.

-- Mike Shanahan Definitely Out of Coaching for 2009 --

Sat Jan 24, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

SI.com's Peter King reports deposed Denver HC Mike Shanahan will "definitely" not coach the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009 -- nor will he take a coaching job anywhere prior to the 2009 season, an NFL source close to Shanahan said late Friday night. The source said Shanahan was adamant that he was not coaching the Chiefs. This confirms the NFL Network report by Adam Schefter from Friday evening that Shanahan would not take the Kansas City job, which was a response to an ESPN report that Shanahan and the Chiefs were in talks that could have had him replacing HC Herman Edwards, who was fired by new GM Scott Pioli Friday.