ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Matt Cavanaugh

ravinmaniac52

Our Super Bowl Winning offensive coordinator has taken a offensive assistant with the New York Jets with our Rex!

Pitt's Cavanaugh to take job with New York Jets

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt football offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh is expected to take a job as an offensive assistant with the New York Jets, likely working with quarterbacks, according to a source.

Cavanaugh has been at Pitt since 2004, when head coach Dave Wannstadt hired him. Before that, he was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

"We all know Matt's a great coach and I'm sure a lot of other people out there will be interested in giving him another opportunity," Wannstedt said. "It wouldn't surprise me if people had an interest in him, but at this point, I have nothing to say about it,".

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09035/946896-100.stm

Just when I finally suppressed those memories from existence ... you have to go and rekindle the anguish!

belushi.jpg "Look at it this way...we can tune into Jets games and watch the swing pass to the running back

You know that one...the QB looks at him in the flat...looks some more...pauses until he's certain that everybody knows he's going to throw it there...hesitates a split second more so the LB and Safety can time their hit on the RB the second the ball gets there...

Remember that play.?..:)

I loved the variation of it too...

If the LB and Safety are busy downfield, then the QB throws it a little too wide or too high for the RB.... who then flails his arms in a fruitless attempt to catch the ball with 40 yards of open field in front of him...:D