ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We could get a good half time show this yr

papasmurfbell

As long as Eddie and Alex are doing their thing, it won't suck. DLR kinda scares me though these days. Looks like frickin' Skelator!

Van Halen was better with Sammy, but that's just my preference.

DLR is still great. He is old. Eddy doesn't look great.

I didn't say he sucked. DLR is trying to recapture his heyday of the '80's and it just isn't going to happen.

DLR is still great. He is old. Eddy doesn't look great.

van-halen-photo-e1339594090374.jpg?w=206

You need to scope the pic one more time. Both look okay for their ages, but DLR still strikes an amazing resembalance to Skelator.

6_r50859.jpg

I just can never get this image of him out of my head. He looks better than he did a few yrs ago but the booze has not treated him well.

That's from when he was being treated for cancer. It'll wreck a body.

Absolutely not. No thank you.

Well we can ask Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga if they're available. Is that more to your taste?

Well we can ask Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga if they're available. Is that more to your taste?

Not even remotely. It's just that my taste involves music that's been relevant in the past 30 years, which by and large is not the taste of those deciding the halftime show.

Not even remotely. It's just that my taste involves music that's been relevant in the past 30 years, which by and large is not the taste of those deciding the halftime show.

Fair enough. What do you suggest?

My list (I thought this through a bit since having this same conversation a few months ago):

Coldplay - biggest band in the world right now?

Foo Fighters - duh.

Green Day - perfect for a stadium setting.

Pearl Jam - best old vs. new balance.

Jay-Z - loves sports, would likely bring about 20 big names with him on stage, and he's freakin' Jay-Z.

Maroon 5 - so many songs...

My Chemical Romance - similar to Green Day, screaming stadium rock is their thing. this one is a personal dream, admittedly.

Arcade Fire - not the most popular band ever, but they kill it live.

You'll notice that none of the above are in their 70s, or produce nothing but plastic pop bullshit. They are real bands and artists. People will learn to appreciate that and beg for it when they are introduced to it in a Super Bowl setting as opposed to the last 15 years of what we've endured.

I'll take some Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs or better yet the princess of rock n roll Stevie Nicks who we plan on seeing in August in Orlando.

DLR was bubble gum music back in the day, couldnt stand Van Halen...Thank god I smoke, so I'll miss the halftime shannanigans.

My list (I thought this through a bit since having this same conversation a few months ago):

Coldplay - biggest band in the world right now?

Foo Fighters - duh.

Green Day - perfect for a stadium setting.

Pearl Jam - best old vs. new balance.

Jay-Z - loves sports, would likely bring about 20 big names with him on stage, and he's freakin' Jay-Z.

Maroon 5 - so many songs...

My Chemical Romance - similar to Green Day, screaming stadium rock is their thing. this one is a personal dream, admittedly.

Arcade Fire - not the most popular band ever, but they kill it live.

You'll notice that none of the above are in their 70s, or produce nothing but plastic pop bullshit. They are real bands and artists. People will learn to appreciate that and beg for it when they are introduced to it in a Super Bowl setting as opposed to the last 15 years of what we've endured.

Eh on coldplay.

Foos would be great. But I don't know if they would trust Grohl to not do something out of control.

No shot BJA would be allowed to play.

Pearl Jam would be OK.

Jay-Z they wouldn't let up there because "gansta rap" would not sell in mid america.

Maroon 5 No!

MCR I would relate closer to Queen. They would be great.

I don't know anything about Arcade Fire.