ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is Ray Broke?

cokedupwerewolf

It makes you a true blue American. We just consume, we don't give a rat's ass about the ramifications.

You damn right! That is the answer I wanted to hear! :lol:

My idea of global warming is buying mountain property in West Virginia and in 50 years I will have a prime beach front property.

Global Warming my ass, we only had 2 days in January above 32 degrees. Coldest January in a decade.

Land in the Bahamas is not that expensive..

Ugh. I feel like I do this everyday, Crav.

Wrong on two fronts. First, a single cold month means nothing in the long run. The odds of rolling snake eyes are 1 in 36. If you roll snake eyes 5 times in a row, the odds of rolling snakes the next time are still 1 in 6. A brief aberration doesn't mean something isn't true.

Secondly, and more importantly, everyone should realize by now that global warming is a misnomer. Yes, the world is getting warmer. But the effects of the world getting warmer are not restricted (in quantity or importance) to you simply seeing more warm days here and there. Global warming will cause (is already causing, perhaps?) massive disruptions to global climates that manifest as massive instability.

In other words: a hotter earth is not just about heat, it's about unpredictability... bigger storms (because there is more moisture in the air - see Katrina, blizzards, etc), extra hot or extra cold fronts (it's suddenly 60 in January? 70 even? shit... that's gonna mess with every animal and plant out there, and new and changing currents and tides...

Now... whether you care about global warming or not... that's your own choice. I don't even know how much I care. I go back and forth between a Nietchze-minded "this world is for me" and a humanitarian "this world is greater than me" argument.

But whether you give two shits or not, you should at least realize that global warming is not just about a few more days on the beach every summer or a degree or two here and there. It WILL affect your life in one way or another.

You really think it will affect us in our lifetime?

It already has to some extent.

I mean, is Ocean City going to be underwater in our lifetime? Probably not. Are the ice caps going to be gone? Probably not.

But think of the exceptional size and strength of hurricanes in recent years - Katrina, Rita, whichever one hit Houston (forget its name)... talk to people in the northern US who are getting more snow than ever before, and earlier... and the other side, think about the volatility of our own climate... how many major droughts have we been talking about in this area in recent years? How many screwy corn crops?

Those are symptoms of global warming. Warmer weather, warmer waters, gives more strength to weather systems which feed off of that kind of moisture. And simply general volatility.

It already has to some extent.

I mean, is Ocean City going to be underwater in our lifetime? Probably not. Are the ice caps going to be gone? Probably not.

But think of the exceptional size and strength of hurricanes in recent years - Katrina, Rita, whichever one hit Houston (forget its name)... talk to people in the northern US who are getting more snow than ever before, and earlier... and the other side, think about the volatility of our own climate... how many major droughts have we been talking about in this area in recent years? How many screwy corn crops?

Those are symptoms of global warming. Warmer weather, warmer waters, gives more strength to weather systems which feed off of that kind of moisture. And simply general volatility.

Ah... I think I can deal with all that! :lol: I never liked Ocean City anyways :P

Ocean City will be under water too...along with Canton....Ray has a restaurant there. bAD rAY.

The only safe place is Catonsville....

tHERE ARE TRAPS EVERYWHERE!

sc08.jpg

I know because i HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THINGS THEY ARE NOT WANTING YOU TO KNOW!

The base salaries on such a deal would have to be approximately $2.5M (2009), $3.25M (2010) and $4M (2011) because 2009 is now the “last capped year” thanks to the owners opting out of the CBA last Spring. The owners’ opt out triggered a new set of salary cap rules, one of which basically prohibits a player’s salary from increasing on an annual basis by more than 30% of his first year salary.

If the $20M in “guaranteed” money means upfront money in the form of a signing bonus (which on such a short deal is likely), then Lewis’ 2009 cap number would be no less than $9.167M. Based on Pro Football 24x7’s Salary Cap estimate (24x7 Salary Cap Projection), the Ravens should have approximately $16.5M in Salary Cap space after tendering all of their RFAs and EFAs.

http://www.profootball24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=46

Doesn't sound good.