ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Doss Stepping up

cravnravn

OWINGS MILLS — Tandon Doss broke into the clear in a hurry, cutting sharply inside to create a spot by himself in the middle of the secondary.

What happened next at the Baltimore Ravens’ organized team activity this spring might have appeared to be routine from the wide receiver, but it wasn’t.

Doss has quickly built a reputation for having one of the best set of hands on the roster, cleanly hauling in the spiral from quarterback Joe Flacco. That wasn’t unexpected, though.

What was different from a year ago when he was an unproductive rookie is how Doss rapidly accelerated after the catch, aggressively picking up yards and leaving defensive backs trailing behind him.

The hesitation that was obvious in Doss’ game last year has vanished.

“Yes, I’m not worried about what I have to do,” Doss said. “I’m a lot more confident than last year. I played a little bit slower then. Now, I know the offense more and I can play without worrying about what I have to do. I’m very confident now.”

The Ravens drafted Doss in the fourth round last year partially on Flacco’s recommendation after he singled out the Indiana University standout when Ravens scouts asked him to offer his opinion on several college wide receivers.

http://www.carrollco...4aaa4327e5.html

This is great news. I remember this guy never dropping a ball during preseason, just one catch after another. I was wondering what it was that was keeping him off the field. I do have high expectations for him this year. Reminds me a little of......dare I say it..........Hin......I just can't say it lol.

This is great news. I remember this guy never dropping a ball during preseason, just one catch after another. I was wondering what it was that was keeping him off the field. I do have high expectations for him this year. Reminds me a little of......dare I say it..........Hin......I just can't say it lol.

Double D??

Ahhhh yes, Double D. I still can't believe that guy didn't work out. His story, everything that he overcame, he seemed destined to be a great football player.

Come on Yager, you should know he had the "Curse of Crav" working against him. DD had no chance of being good.