ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jacoby Jones

RavenMad

Crav, I thought you might like this little tidbit on your boy JJ. We all know you like your WRs with the same starting letter on both names. First there was TT Travis Taylor then came DD Devard Darling and now we can see your love for JJ Jacoby Jones.

NEWCOMER WATCH: Cornerback Corey Graham added to his training camp interception total, making an easy interception on a pass that ricocheted to him off the hands of wide receiver Jacoby Jones and returning it to midfield. Jones, meanwhile, bounced back from that drop with a handful of catches, including a leaping catch over cornerback Lardarius Webb along the sideline.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-training-camp-highlights-osemele-stands-his-ground-20120802,0,6264067.story?track=rss

Jacoby is here to be a #3 receiver. While he has had some drops in training camp, most reports have been positive desribing him as having game breaking speed and explosiveness off of the line of scrimage. Defenses are going to have to account for Jacoby's speed. We are not talking about Yamon Figurs here, Jacoby is physical and can get open. At the very least, he will spread the field allowing Joe to hit other targets like Smith, Boldin, Pita, and Dickson.

I do think that Jones can be a good addition for this team.

I'm also concerned that he's not mentally focused enough to come up with the big play.

Playmakers however are very important for a dynamic offense. Putting Jones next to Smith just seems like it's going to give the opposing offense's fits. This should allow Dickson and Boldin more room underneath.

We could be a very quick striking offense this year. We haven't really talked about Rice in the passing game at all!

Yikes. That shifty little guy just breaks tackles everywhere!

I just like to see guys overcome adversity and redeem themselves after bad things happen. It tells me a lot about a person's character. Elway was considered really good, but didn't have the stomach for the big game. Most guys would have quit when presented with three lost Super Bowls and a rebuilding effort in front of them. Instead, not only did he rebuild with the team, he got with a QB coach and redefined his decision making process on the field to allow him to play at a high level late in his career.

I understand where you're at Crav, but I'm pulling for the guy to redeem himself from errors on the big stage. The talent is there. If the coaching staff thinks he's a fighter, I'm on board with that.

The fact that Crav doesn't like him is enough for me to believe we'll have a good season. With that said, I'm worried about T smith this season...

You are way off base when you say you're worried about Torrey Smith. Smith is having a great camp and looks like a much more polished receiver. You will be eating a lot of crow this year if you continue to doubt Torrey Smith, I suggest you change your tune otherwise I will have to whip up a special crow dish for you.

You are way off base when you say you're worried about Torrey Smith. Smith is having a great camp and looks like a much more polished receiver. You will be eating a lot of crow this year if you continue to doubt Torrey Smith, I suggest you change your tune otherwise I will have to whip up a special crow dish for you.

Flacc, its a joke from way back when..I was a big Travis Taylor Fan, how'd he turn out? Then we drafted Darling, and I was a bigger fan since he was from the Bahamas...So my rooting interest with WR's has been well less than spectacular..Remember, most of us go back to the 2000 season in here..Just be very cautious around VMax..He's "Out there"

2891557972_6445a50ac1_z.jpg

Flacc, its a joke from way back when..I was a big Travis Taylor Fan, how'd he turn out? Then we drafted Darling, and I was a bigger fan since he was from the Bahamas...So my rooting interest with WR's has been well less than spectacular..Remember, most of us go back to the 2000 season in here..Just be very cautious around VMax..He's "Out there"

Haha thanks for explaining crav :)

Crav, I definitely understand where you are coming from. I had my doubts when it came to the WRs too but Torrey is wired differently then those guys are. The man played most of his rookie year with a sports hernia and he didn't let it get to him. He did exactly what Lee Evans was supposed to do last year and he was clutch in the AFC Title game. I know it's hard to trust the Ravens when it comes to WRs but I'm telling you man please I'm begging you to give Torrey a chance, he will be the one to end the WR drought. Clayton, Taylor, Darling and the other scraps weren't ready for the big time, Torrey is ready, the man caught the game winning TD against the hated Steelers on Sunday Night Football.

Speaking of Lee Evans he hasn't been doing so great with the Jags in camp and is on the bubble.

Crav, I definitely understand where you are coming from. I had my doubts when it came to the WRs too but Torrey is wired differently then those guys are. The man played most of his rookie year with a sports hernia and he didn't let it get to him. He did exactly what Lee Evans was supposed to do last year and he was clutch in the AFC Title game. I know it's hard to trust the Ravens when it comes to WRs but I'm telling you man please I'm begging you to give Torrey a chance, he will be the one to end the WR drought. Clayton, Taylor, Darling and the other scraps weren't ready for the big time, Torrey is ready, the man caught the game winning TD against the hated Steelers on Sunday Night Football.

Speaking of Lee Evans he hasn't been doing so great with the Jags in camp and is on the bubble.

Haha we were just joking. Crav is a big T. Smith fan, like most are here. No one is worried about Torrey. Like Crav said a lot of us have been on this board since 2001, just an inside joke.

Haha we were just joking. Crav is a big T. Smith fan, like most are here. No one is worried about Torrey. Like Crav said a lot of us have been on this board since 2001, just am inside joke.

My bad LOL, I've had a long day today. So is this part of the heckling process for the new guy along with getting blindsided by the force that is papa? LOL