ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 1

deeshopper

Well... let's just say that this game shouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.

Blocked punt plus interception means that despite having only 40 some yards of total offense... they were leading the game. Which is just pathetic.

I think Gannon was right that we probably did try to be too fancy early... but really, it wasn't the fanciness that cost us... it was just a pair of weird big plays. Long-run, I think the passing attack is going to help us a lot, obviously.

Offense looked great. Defense looked good most of the time - Gannon said he hadn't mentioned Ed Reed or Ray Lewis very much... well, again, until the middle of the 3rd quarter (or later, even) the Chiefs had only run about 20 plays on offense... you're not going to hear many names that way.

Special teams just looked bad on top of bad. No return game. Kicking game was eh. Punts were good... when we got them.

The biggest thing the defense lacked was the big play... but that's alright... we'll find it. We always do.

Everyone always says they want the explosive offense, well today we felt what it is like to be the Colts. Would you rather have a shoot-out or a defensive struggle? A win is a win, and I'll take this. Obviously we need to work on our discipline as far as penalties and special teams go, but Flacco showed me a lot today. It was also nice to see Clayton and Heap healthy and effective. Washington is going to be a solid, reliable receiver to take pressure off of D-Mase. All three runningbacks played great (good job blocking by McClain) and the offensive line pretty much dominated in both aspects. The run defense was solid as expected, a couple of big completions here and there shook up our pass defense.

In short, we have a lot to tighten up, but there is a lot of potential for greatness with this team! Tough matchup next week, you better believe that Harbaugh will have the guys working hard.

Guest BallTMore

It was frustrating, but at least they won.

Also, why did Harbaugh play out the last possession instead of kneeling out the clock?

Because the spread was 13. lol

It was frustrating, but at least they won.

Also, why did Harbaugh play out the last possession instead of kneeling out the clock?

Harbaugh said too many things can go wrong on a kick...they could block it and run it back...plus it was 4th and 6 inches...he liked those odds better. If the Ravens don't make it KC has to drive 99 yards and 6 inches.

Still...make the 'automatic 3 and it's a 2 score game.

Maybe he's hiding the fact that Katula is not snapping well, Hausch is missing kicks and punts are being blocked...I agree...go for the TD.

Harbaugh said too many things can go wrong on a kick...they could block it and run it back...plus it was 4th and 6 inches...he liked those odds better. If the Ravens don't make it KC has to drive 99 yards and 6 inches.

Still...make the 'automatic 3 and it's a 2 score game.

Maybe he's hiding the fact that Katula is not snapping well, Hausch is missing kicks and punts are being blocked...I agree...go for the TD.

Thanks. I didn't see the post-game show.

Now that I thought of it, there would have been closer to 50 seconds left on the clock had they just kneeled and kicked.

I actually had no problem with them going for it on 4th down

I'm fine with the decision now :)