ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 9

deeshopper

What it says. He lost the game at that point with what, 5 minutes left?

and TOP doesn't mean anything if the score is 10-17

And the score would still be 10-17. Putting the lost on Houscka is silly. He's the least culpable of the entire team.

Guest BallTMore
Whoa! The Bengals defense looks like the Ravens defense!

You should have added past to that sentence. You don't want to compare the Bengals D to this unit. They flat out suck this season.

Nice job. Good luck the rest of the season.

Guest BallTMore
safe to say the ONLY way we make the playoffs is if we sweep Pittsburgh and they drop a few games they should win and we win a few games we shouldnt win.

Most likely right. I don't see it happening. Peyton is going to hand us our asses...again.

And the score would still be 10-17. Putting the lost on Houscka is silly. He's the least culpable of the entire team.

Maybe I should have said he sealed the loss?

But I blame as the game is played. I expect a kicker to make that to give the team an opportunity. If Stover was still here and missed it, I'd blame him.

They may not have won anyways, but it didn't help that they didn't get to have an opportunity to tie it up. If they don't get the ball back, well the blame is on the penalties that led to scores.

Props to the Bengals though. They played great on defense and took advantage of some bad penalties.

Thank you 83. As far as the Bengals defense, I don't recognize these guys. We've NEVER had such a strong defense as I witnessed today. DC Mike Zimmer has done what Marvin Lewis himself couldn't do.

I don't think the Bengals defense is legit, I just think they have our number. It has always been like that, every year we make them look a lot better than they actually are. It would not surprise to see Pittsburgh drop 30 on them next week. I am not knocking the Bengals, they whooped our ass. All I am saying is that the Bengals beat an average team.

I don't think the Bengals defense is legit, I just think they have our number. It has always been like that, every year we make them look a lot better than they actually are. It would not surprise to see Pittsburgh drop 30 on them next week. I am not knocking the Bengals, they whooped our ass. All I am saying is that the Bengals beat an average team.

You consider the Ravens an "average" team? One week ago Baltimore completely dominated the previously undefeated Broncos. Your opinion of "average" differs from mine.

You consider the Ravens an "average" team? One week ago Baltimore completely dominated the previously undefeated Broncos. Your opinion of "average" differs from mine.

We are 4-4, .500, it does not get anymore average than that. You're kidding yourself if you think this team is anymore than average. Our secondary is horrible, our pass rush is non-existent, our receiving core is awful, this team is extremely undisciplined, and we have a field goal kicker who is terrified of being out on the field in the fourth quarter.

Like I said, this is no different than in the past. You guys always shut us down, you think your defense has finally come around, then some team trounces you. Again, congrats and you fully deserved both wins against us. However, I just think you have our number as opposed to your defense being legit. Pittsburgh next week is a big test, but I see them putting a lot of points on the board. Your secondary was thirtieth in the league coming into today, yet your DBs punched our WRs in the punch today and kicked our asses. I think that says more about our WRs than your DBs. It is going to be a lot more difficult next week going into Pittsburgh against Big Ben and his 300 yards of passing a game.

I am not saying you guys are an average team as well. On the contrary I think you guys are a very good team, I am just not sold on your defense. You guys have finally adjusted to AFC North football and have become a physical offense. You can run the ball against anyone, and of course, Carson can kill with his arm.

That is my point, I think our defense is God awful.

EDIT: And I can only imagine what Pittsburgh is going to do to our defense. I'm thinking we should just forfeit.

Hell f**kin' no! You gotta play for all the respect you can get!

Hell f**kin' no! You gotta play for all the respect you can get!

I just need to cool down. But I think your game against Pittsburgh is going to be a good one. Pittsburgh cannot run the ball, so if you guys can pound Benson, I like your chances. I can definitely see the makings of a shootout though, in contrast to the last meeting.

I just need to cool down.

So do I. I'm not used to such success.

I think your game against Pittsburgh is going to be a good one. Pittsburgh cannot run the ball, so if you guys can pound Benson, I like your chances. I can definitely see the makings of a shootout though, in contrast to the last meeting.

The Bengals fortunes ride on how well Cedric Benson runs the ball. If he goes for around 100 yards, the team will be in the game. That being said, I'm really amazed at how well the Cincinnati defense has played. The last time they did this well we ended up in the Super Bowl.