ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

One Winning Drive: Division Derby: Week 2

ExtremeRavens

c4993eb3-254d-4fa5-80d5-86e2370be4b5.jpg    c2a9b9c6-c069-4a41-8f2f-92ec219c7427.jpg

Baltimore Ravens (2-0). The Ravens offense appears for real. For the second straight week, the unit put up more than 30 points (all by the offense alone) and is now second in the league in points scored. In fact, if not for Drew Brees and the Saints, this team would probably be #1 overall. With the Browns coming to town, another 30 point week doesn’t appear out of the question. The question appears to be when this defense will show signs of the dominant force it once was. The Ravens are a popular pick for number in power polls across the country, but even local fans know there are signs that might not last long. This Week: vs. Browns (0-2).

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1). The Steelers lost a brutal defensive battle in Chicago to fall to 1-1. The defense was dominant throughout most of the game, but it was the Steelers offense that struggled. For the second straight week (and beginning the second straight season), the Steelers seem to have lost their rush attack. With an embattled offensive line as well, offensive production is falling to Big Ben, whose body can only take so many poundings. The Steelers had many opportunities to win this game, including a pair of Jeff Reed field goal misses, but never closed the door. Unlike last week, this is un-classic Steelers football. This Week: @ Cincinnati (1-1) (more…)

View the full article

OTR ... Not James Walker. Better. And, I didn't even pick the same up and downs... except Reed and Odom. They were just obvious.

DC, I was impressed by the thoroughness of your article. That's what I mean by the James Walker comparison. This is only the 2nd or 3rd blog i've read since I just recently started checking out the site daily again. Color me impressed

Thanks, OTR. Try as I might, I actually struggle more with brevity. Well, not so much brevity, as not giving a 'full' story. Hate the teasers stories.

I just thought you were comparing his rising/falling to mine... certainly borrowed, but every writer has their version. :)