ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

One Winning Drive: Ravens-Browns: Predictions

ExtremeRavens

Three Predictions:

1. Two Ravens runners will top 100 yards. That’s pretty bold, right? I’m leaning towards Willis McGahee and Ray Rice, obviously. Not sure that there are even enough carries in one game to get them both other 100 yards, but it only really takes one big run (and the Browns specialize in making this available).

2. It won’t be a shut-out. As much as Ravens fans and the team want it, the Browns are going to score. This Ravens defense is not there yet, especially not with Josh Cribbs helping out with field position. Not sure if the Browns will find the endzone or not (based on yesterday’s score prediction, I’m leaning towards not), but they will put something up on the scoreboard. But man, what would a shut out do for the Ravens points allowed average!

3. The Bengals will upend the Steelers. Ok, so this one isn’t Ravens, obviously. But there’s only so much to say about Ravens-Browns. Looking at the other division game this weekend, I’m loving the Bengals. Their defense is more legitimate than most think at the moment, and with the Steelers unable to run and vulnerable to the sack, there’s hope for Cincy. I also love Hines Ward saying that Pitt isn’t worried about their running game because the passing attack can handle it - for how long, Hines?

Three Questions:

1. Will the Ravens big play defense show up? The Ravens are facing a pair of back-up runners (one a rookie). Their also facing an inexperience quarterback leading a sloppy offense. The turnovers should be there for the taking - so will the Ravens take them? I expect a couple of turnovers, of course. But the bigger question is can the Ravens turn one into their signature scoring play? Fans are waiting - Ed Reed, Fabian Washington, Haloti Ngata, we’re looking at you.

2. Will the Ravens secondary improve? It better, given the opponent is far less advanced than San Diego was last week, but we all still have doubts. Defensive coordinator Greg Mattison said the defense will be returning to more standard secondary arrangements, hopefully keeping everyone on the same page and (we can only hope) in the right position. It would also help if he taught his smaller corners how to defend a pass, and not just run stride for stride with a receiver. But we can only hope for so much in a week.

3. Will the Browns implode? Their play on the field has already collapsed, obviously. That’s not really the question. But the whole team seems on the verge of absolute self-destruction. If the Ravens really pound the Browns, it might just be enough to send them over the edge and on the path to being one of the truly memorable bad teams in football history. Ray Lewis has a history of leaving bad memories for opponents, we can only hope he delivers here.

View the full article

Good show dc...way to stick your neck out! :)

I don't see a shut out either. Maybe 6-13 Brownie points.

You have a decent chance of seeing 2 100 yard Ravens rushers if Birk can steer Shawn Rodgers.

I'm glad you brought up the Steeler/Bengal game. A Steeler loss would be sweet. I'd love to see the balance of power in the AFC North shift with the Ravens #1 (of course)...Bengals 2...& the Steelers and Browns fighting in the cellar. The Steelers have such a cupcake schedule that it will take an unlikely sweep by the Ravens and Bengals to knock them out of the playoffs.

I think one of these guys doesn't finish the game...Jerome Harrison or rookie James Davis....maybe both.

WARNING! WARNING!!! A word of caution to the Ravens Defense: DO NOT KNOCK BRADY QUINN OUT OF THE GAME! You do not need Derick Anderson and Braylon Edwards on the field at the same time.

Be gentile guys...pick him up...dust him off...tell him to go to his happy place...

RavensJets_483_4.jpg

I'm definately looking for some big defensive plays Sunday. It's time....well...Ray's hit on Sproles to seal the deal was very, very big.

Funny scene of the day (Friday)...I walked into the Bank of America in Crofton and all the tellers were forced to wear Redskins shirts. I said to my teller " Wow....they're making you wear Redskins shirts!"

She just stood there and rolled her eyes in abject humiliation.

How much should innocent people be forced to take?

Guest BallTMore

Two 100-yard rushers is a bold prediction. Like you said, I can only see than happening if Rice or Willis break of a huge run. I personally think Rice is going to do the most damage in the short passing game.

I'm not feeling the Bengals beating the Steelers. I certainly hope this happens, but it seems the Bengals implode when they face the Steelers.

WARNING! WARNING!!! A word of caution to the Ravens Defense: DO NOT KNOCK BRADY QUINN OUT OF THE GAME! You do not need Derick Anderson and Braylon Edwards on the field at the same time.

Be gentile guys...pick him up...dust him off...tell him to go to his happy place...

Haha! I thought the same thing. Please defense, keep Mr. Checkdown on the field! It's bad enough Jamal may not play, now his better backup gets a chance to show his stuff.

Very good dc!!!

Only one word was missing from your prediction :)

A Steeler victory is a MUST today, the last thing we want is to face Cinncy with a little confidence in two weeks, Id rather Pittsburgh beat the snot out of them and close the door on their happy thoughts about beating the powerful Green Bay Packers.

Jamal Lewis hasnt practiced yet this week, I havent seen him as OUT on the injury reports yet. But thatsa huge blow to them, if 8-Ball was there he would rally the troops..

Will it be a shutout? Naaa, I'll give them 3.

Very good dc!!!

Only one word was missing from your prediction :)

A Steeler victory is a MUST today, the last thing we want is to face Cinncy with a little confidence in two weeks, Id rather Pittsburgh beat the snot out of them and close the door on their happy thoughts about beating the powerful Green Bay Packers.Jamal Lewis hasnt practiced yet this week, I havent seen him as OUT on the injury reports yet. But thatsa huge blow to them, if 8-Ball was there he would rally the troops..

Will it be a shutout? Naaa, I'll give them 3.

I disagree, I take bungles everyday, and better face them when they think they are good, btw Ravens-Bungles last year 800 yds-400 yds. We are simply a better team than them overall.

And Jamal is out! And Dawson, Womack and Hednot is out.

From their homepage: The Browns announced on Saturday night that four players - including kicker Phil Dawson and running back Jamal Lewis - are 'out' for Sunday's game versus the Ravens and that the team has signed kicker Billy Cundiff.

Dawson (right calf), Lewis (hamstring), Floyd Womack (ankle) and Rex Hadnot (knee) will all miss the game in Baltimore.

The team also announced that it waived running back Cedric Peerman.

OK...I was wrong...very, very wrong...:)

Not really, max. The only time Edwards was effective was when Anderson was in the game.

true...the 3 INT's really helped...:)

There were not many Browns fans at the game but the ones there had either a Cribbs jersey or a Quinn jersey on.

Perhaps now, the Quinn honeymoon is over.