ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big Day..Peterson? Favre? or Both?

vmax

Might as well get the big questions out of the way...call it 'Face your Fears'...:)

If it's both Favre and Peterson having a big day then here comes a blowout.

cs_303.jpg

Will Peterson gain over 100 yards on the Ravens D?

I'm thinking he will and worried that the D will put so much effort and attention into stopping him (because of last week) that Favre will have a field day off the play action pass.

If you're going to ask for something, ask big so...

Here's some things the offense can do to help the D:

Keep the ball away from the Viking offense by sustaining long drives, winning the field position and Time of Possession battle.

Score points! Lot's of them!:D

Like right away...get an early lead, take the crowd out of it...force the Vikings to abandon the run in order to catch up.

If we focus on stopping Peterson... we can. He's gotten fewer than 20 carries in most of the Vikes games so far.

But you're right, if we do that, we might open ourselves up to the Favre attack. That's a bit scary, but Favre isn't perfect and can be handled.

And if we shut down Peterson... and force Favre to throw... it makes me feel better about our chances at winning possession, etc. And Favre can't make that throw like he did against SF every game.

Really, I just want to win a close one.

My worry on Peterson is that the Ravens have nobody in the secondary who can tackle him if he breaks through the front 7.

I'd run him all day to the edges....eventually a Ravens LB won't get there in time and it will be up to Foxworth or Washington to make the stop or hold him up...he'll just swat them aside like flies.

BTW...the Vikings are averaging 31 points per game and only giving up 18...both better than the Ravens.

Neither

Ravens are 11-3 vs the NFC

Minny is going to have to abandon the run, they play a cover 2 and leave the middle wide open. Flacco to Heap, should be the menu of the day. Or any other slant pattern. Minny will be playing from behind, Reed and Co better have their running shoes on.

Jared Allen is overrated.

No doubt we will loose this one if we only focus how to avoid a loss. I am tired of hearing about other teams strengths. Need to show ours. If we have to loose this one I prefere we do it with style, one more of those last minute comebacks when we face this superman called Referee, and I am going to be sick.

Shut down Peterson and CT has to be the first thing. Let it be up to Favre, and hopefully we will se our front seven giving him a hard time.

We need to get back in track to controle the game, has to win TOP! Give me much dose of McGahee some Rice and late in the game plenty of McClain, combined with use of Heap and LJ and Cam would make my day if DW was involved in that game too.

Question? Will Gaither be back?

geo...I don't think Gaither will play. They'll sit him and give him this plus the bye week to get 100%. Sitting him is made all the easier because they have a very capable Micheal Oher to fill in.

If they can do it so can Joe...

QB Joe Flacco could find success against a Vikings defense that allowed Packers QB Aaron Rodgers to pass for 384 yards and gave up a combined 297 yards to Rams Kyle Boller and Marc Bulger.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravensroundup1016,0,1048858.story

Neither

Ravens are 11-3 vs the NFC

Minny is going to have to abandon the run, they play a cover 2 and leave the middle wide open. Flacco to Heap, should be the menu of the day. Or any other slant pattern. Minny will be playing from behind, Reed and Co better have their running shoes on.

Jared Allen is overrated.

11-3 vs the NFC, Crav? That number makes no sense. Since when?

11-3 is 14 games... that's, uh, 3 and 1/2 seasons worth of NFC games. 11-3 since mid-2005? Nice number.

Here's some truly hopeful numbers from Sal Paloantonio on ESPN... the Ravens pass D is hardly worse than it was last year at this point... the pass rush has the same number of sacks, the defense has actually given up FEWER pass touchdowns this year... last year we were 2-3 this year we were 3-2. As he says, we've made Rivers, Palmer and Brady all look pretty good. But news flash... they are pretty damn good. The end.

That still doesn't make sense...

We play 4 NFC teams every year (one full division). In 06, 07, 08 that makes 12 games. Add 05, that makes 16 games.

So again, are you only counting half of 05's games for some magical reason? Oh, I checked, of course... that number stops midway through 05, conveniently leaving out our 05 losses to both Detroit (wow) and Chicago.

And so the question remains... what in heaven's name does that have anything to do with us this year? What does going 2-2 in 2005 with Anthony Wright and Kyle Boller at quarterback, with Jamal Lewis at running back, have anything to do with our game TOMORROW against Minnesota?

Are our magical NFC numbers going to help us win?

Are our magical NFC numbers going to help us win?

Trends, baby trends..Sorry Dc thats the former degenerate gambler side of me, you look at trends and past history, anything that gives the bettor that extra edge when making a wager.

And you'd be very suprised at how teams play to those trends and past history..Last week, taking the Ravens, yeah after the game I find out that reguardless of records the Ravens play the Bengals tight at the ATM, last seasons 7 point victory was probably the biggest margin of victory in our history since 2003..

So if you look at the past 4 seasons. Baltimore absolutely owns the NFC..We play Ravens football, we wont have any problems defeating the Vikes, especially with their inept O-Line and secondary.

I like Adam's thoughts here...

Give Brad Childress, Brett Favre and the Vikings all the credit in the world for this borderline perfect 5-0 start.

But Minnesota is going to lose to Baltimore in an upset special.

The Vikings pass defense has been a tad suspect. Joe Flacco, under Cam Cameron's watchful eye, will exploit favorable matchups. Baltimore's defense should be able to pressure Favre and force picks. And while Cedric Benson just got over the century mark for rush yards against the Ravens defense, I don't see it happening in back-to-back weeks, even with the great Adrian Peterson carrying the ball.

Joe Flacco has quietly put together a solid season thus far. (Larry French / Getty Images)

Flacco has completed more passes and thrown for more yards than Favre this season. The Ravens rank first in the AFC in offense, fifth in the league, averaging 28 points per game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10221240/Boom-or-Bust:-Watch-for-a-Cincy-letdown?GT1=39002

Favre and Peterson both had outstanding games yet the Ravens could have won at the last second because they countered with outstanding players in Flacco and Rice.

That does count for something...a lot IMO.

I mean... I trust trends to an extent... but trends vs a team are different from trends vs a conference

Its all true, Yesterday, we have Stover, we have a victory.

I dont think these qualify as trends yet because hes only been in the league so little

Houshka is 1-3 from 40-49 this season.

Houshka was cut from Minny(imagine that)