Jump to content
ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

vmax

Moderator
  • Posts

    15,863
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    153

Everything posted by vmax

  1. 7-4 O's in the 8th and Valdez is not looking too good. Crazy wild pick off throw to 1st and luckily they caught the runner in a run down. O's are now 3 outs away from ending their streak.
  2. O's up 7-2 in the 7th. It was getting scary there with Tate loading the bases but Scott saved the day. It's never over. There's never enough runs because of the pitching. Mullins is having an incredible game. Triple, stolen base and one incredible diving catch at the wall. Really fun game tonight.
  3. Why???! Why did they let Lopez come out and pitch the 6th? He never gets through the 5th. He gets killed in yhe 5th. Today he finishes the 5th with the O's up 1-0. Fabulous! Let him sit and bask in the glory of finally getting through a 5th inning. Let him get some confidence. But...No....Twins pound him for 3 runs in the 6th. Everybody saw it coming. Now his brain is telling him "You stink! You can't do it. Your team hates you. They will not score when you pitch.Today was a fluke and so are you!"
  4. Means is winning a nice 3-2 ballgame and then the bullpen takes over.....http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-em2WoG_3Op8/UUYOEMKl2ZI/AAAAAAAAACE/4HU_lV3cWxk/s1600/Scream.gif..17-30. Worst record in the Majors. and they won't give fan friendly prices....you can get them cheaper but they are very plain. $259.99 Men's Baltimore Orioles Nike White Home Authentic Team Jersey $344.99 Men's Baltimore Orioles Nike White Home Jackie Robinson Day Authentic Jersey Most Popular in Jerseys
  5. They have now lost 13 out of their last 15 games. 11 games out. Dead last in the standings. Amazingly, I still want to watch and follow them. Catching a little Bird Fever. Yesterday, Sunday, I get in my car and turn on the radio to hear the O's scored 3 runs in the first. Great! I get to 695 and hear that Harvey is taking the mound. From 695 to Rt29...about 5 minutes...the Nats score 3 runs....from there to Columbia they add another. 4-3 at the end of the 1st. I saw a long day coming yet I watched the game when I got back home. I'm starting to get what the Orioles are trying to do and where there are at this point in their rebuild.
  6. MLB Power Rankings Let's have a moment of silence to remember this. The O's will rise up this ladder and we'll be able to look back and say "I remember when...."....
  7. Sundays win over the Yankees was fun to watch. Even when the Yankees went up 4-0 in the first, I had a feeling the O's would come back. The bats and bull pen won the game. Really needed the great performance by Zimmerman to do it.
  8. Means throws 6 scoreless innings and the O's go 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position. Loss! 3-2.
  9. Well...Boston blew the Orioles up.
  10. Here's the history of Orioles no hitters... Orioles no-hitter history (mlb.com)
  11. Something special is forming. Hays and Means are electric, Means has entered a new level, Mancini.....so much to build around. Club is giving us hope. I'm really liking Hyde.
  12. John " BY All" Means just threw a 9 inning no hit shut out! 113 pitchers, great command, ton of 1st pitch strikes, ...really...a thing of beauty. 1st time for an Oriole in 52 years since Jim Palmer. By the 7th I was on the edge of my seat. Shit...it's rare for a pitcher to go 9 innings in today's baseball. O's beat the Mariners 6-0.
  13. Saturdays 8-3 win was a nice detox from the draft. I was worrying a little bit in the 7th. Tate really pitched good in relief. Stewart running into that roof was scary as shit. I thought he broke his neck or knocked some teeth out. He's one tough dude.
  14. How about that! That bats woke up. Hitters were patient. Means pitched great. The O's should keep him. Eventually they will have to keep good players or it becomes a 10 year rebuild.
  15. Yea...the pitching too. At least Hyde sees and points out what is wrong with the offense. I thought they were swinging at anything so pitchers kept throwing junk....which they swung at.
  16. 3-1 loss to the Mariners. I watched the game. The Orioles have little discipline at the plate. They will swing at anything. The Mariners won't. Make the pitchers pitch. Camden Yards looked nice....very inviting.
  17. Gibson couldn't throw a strike if his life depended on it. Yet, the Orioles swung away...at junk and got shut out.
  18. OK...2nd place at 7-8. On pace to win 76 games. Going for the sweep of the Rangers today at 2:35.
  19. They have that square over the plate and that confuses me more about balls and strikes. The umpires are not consistent....more confusion. Announcers calling games from home....more confusion for a confused and disturbed mind. I don't get it.
  20. They only gave up 6 home runs yesterday. I wonder if they know how to pitch in Camden Yards. O's are #26 in the Power Rankings after a rough series... The Yankees are #6 and Red Sox #16. Up next: 4 game series with the Mariners. #25 on this list. "Let's see what happens."
  21. Yea...this is a low budget telecast....Palmer hasn't even shaved. Final 7-3. I can't sit for 3 hours and watch this on TV without having other things to do. I might go to radio on work on stuff.
  22. Melanie is having issues with her right eye lash. Where's the makperson? Must be a liw budget operation.
  23. Baseball allows for multi tasking. I just finished reading the Constitution...serious. If this was football then I'd still be on the first paragraph. Oriole pitching is breaking down. Here we go....
×
×
  • Create New...