ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Early signs look good.

vmax

The Ravens lost a lot of talent and then they added a lot of talent. As early and premature as it is...I like this 2013 roster.

Spears, Canty, Huff and Dumervil are settling in...

One of the most challenging parts, the players said, is getting used to the Ravens’ way of practicing and working out. Each team does it differently, and under workman-like Head Coach John Harbaugh, it’s no walk in the park.

Huff called Harbaugh’s OTA practices “full throttle, high intensity.” Spears said he’s been “impressed” with their fast pace. Canty, who played under demanding Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin, said the workouts have been even tougher in Baltimore.

“The main thing about here, these guys are going to be in tremendous shape and we are going to be very, very strong,” Canty said with a laugh. “It really took me a couple weeks to actually finish the workout and feel good about it – to get through all my reps and sets.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-New-Guy-Veterans-Are-Adjusting/8632e6a1-c97e-458e-847f-1be7c8cecf6a

Harbaugh gets criticized for being very demanding but his team will be nasty and physical. It's going to be Johns way. I like this report from players who have played elsewhere and now see the "Ravens way". It's a big part of the Winning Formula.

Joe has bulked up (only 7 lbs) and reports on him are solid. I like how he stands up for his receivers and his positive outlook there.

Rice, Leaks and Pierce are one great backfield.

I think the O and D lines will win most battles in the trenches this year.

Good to hear Dumervil say this...

I call him Wink, Wink is great," Dumervil said following a recent organized team activity practice. "We were in Denver together, and he's been a standup guy, a standup coach. And he's a really good coach as well. So, having those memories in Denver and, obviously, going to have to make that decision, that was kind of a good intro to have. He spoke highly of the Ravens, and he was absolutely right."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-connection-with-assistant-coch-led-dumervil-to-baltimore-20130530,0,4221022.story#ixzz2UohbWzdl

He had invested everything into Denver but he's not bitter.

A lot depends on Webb's health and comeback but the signs are good. Jimmy Smith showed us a ton of grit during that final goal line stand of the Super Bowl. They thought he was the weak link and went after him. Crabtree's still talking to himself. I'm feeling good about how much of an impact he'll make.

The Ravens have the kickers and special teamers to do damage.

And John's opinion on the 2013 roster????

We are always as active as we can possible be to try to be as good as we can be," Harbaugh said following a recent organized team activity. "We’ve worked as hard as we can to put this team together over the last few months. Every single person in the building has done a great job, scouting side, coaching side and administration side, to try to put this group together, and we’ll continue to do that until we play the first game and beyond. I like where we are at, like the progress we have made. I’m excited about our team.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-says-hes-excited-about-state-of-ravens-roster-20130530,0,7597991.story#ixzz2Uofm8Vg8

What do you expect him to say?

That they are a bunch of fat slobs?! :gorave:

Edited by vmax

The Ravens lost a lot of talent and then they added a lot of talent. As early and premature as it is...I like this 2013 roster.

Spears, Canty, Huff and Dumervil are settling in...

Harbaugh gets criticized for being very demanding but his team will be nasty and physical. It's going to be Johns way. I like this report from players who have played elsewhere and now see the "Ravens way". It's a big part of the Winning Formula.

Joe has bulked up (only 7 lbs) and reports on him are solid. I like how he stands up for his receivers and his positive outlook there.

Rice, Leaks and Pierce are one great backfield.

:gorave:

Crap, Max, when you said Leaks instead of Leach I flashbacked to Roosevelt Leaks!!----remember him?

Crap, Max, when you said Leaks instead of Leach I flashbacked to Roosevelt Leaks!!----remember him?

Yea......that was a flashback. :fishin:

Hey! Remember Don Nottingham "The Human Bowling Ball" and "Point-a-Minute" McCaulley?

The only thing missing from this team the chemistry and identity that it will develop through camp and during the season. Although many key players have returned it is a different group of Ravens. A new team.

Edited by vmax

McCauley was absolutely amazing on third down and short. I used to feel getting the first down was practically automatic.

I remember Ron Lee. He had some flashes but succumbed to Irsay fever I guess.

Don Nottingham was a 'too little' guy for the NFL that had a more than decent career.

Here's the latest memory test: Anybody remember L.G. Dupre? Billy Pricer?

This is the kind of comment that makes me feel better about the upcoming season...

So far, Huff is making a smooth transition to his new surroundings.

"It feels good, especially having the vets teaching me the ropes and going through the playbook all the time," Huff said. "They're making it an easy adjustment. The energy in practice, the competitiveness of the defense against the offense, I hadn't seen it before. You can see why they win all the time here. It's competitive here day in and day out and wanting to get better."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-michael-huff-says-hes-making-easy-adjustment-to-ravens-defense-20130603,0,1656518.story#ixzz2VBeTSxn9

It's from an "Outsider" and that gives it more weight.

John's doing it right. He has a standard that he knows his team has to work at to be better and win in the NFL.

Dont recall Pricer but definitely LG I remember.

Jack Call anyone?..He was a flea market hoarder, he lived in country Havre de Grace, I made a delivery to him, and I seen in his junk room a 1958 signed white football, and the 58 team picture..Of course I questioned him, and said he was the HB for the Colts in 1957 and 1958..sure enough I looked him up and he was.

This is the kind of comment that makes me feel better about the upcoming season...

It's from an "Outsider" and that gives it more weight.

John's doing it right. He has a standard that he knows his team has to work at to be better and win in the NFL.

Huff & Elam will do more than Greed & Pollard

I'm really excited for this team. I think on paper we are much better than going into last season. We are younger, faster, more talented, and have much more depth than last year. Not to mention we have an excellent group of coaches with the additions of Castillo and Spagnola, and a full offseason with Caldwell at OC. If we can get a guy or two to be servicable at WR, the sky is the limit.

I'm really excited for this team. I think on paper we are much better than going into last season. We are younger, faster, more talented, and have much more depth than last year. Not to mention we have an excellent group of coaches with the additions of Castillo and Spagnola, and a full offseason with Caldwell at OC. If we can get a guy or two to be servicable at WR, the sky is the limit.

:bow: :gorave:

I'm excited too and I'm usually a pessimist. If they can escape the 'Winning the Super Bowl Funk' they will be a better team than last year.

I think one of the new guys is going to be a solid WR. But we'll never again see a show like Boldin put on in the playoffs.

.... But we'll never again see a show like Boldin put on in the playoffs.

I don't think I ever have. Boldin played at a sustained level of excellence.

Flacco was in that same zone. Hell he tied Montana for best playoff run.